|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: UX ResearchLead
New or Existing Role? New
- Ensure the work is grounded in a deep and
contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing
- Manage resources to achieve business targets /
- Analyse problems and propose solutions beyond
initial objectives or requirements
- Challenge requirements and thinking
- Owns Design Research as a discipline and a
practice at project level.
- Establish best practices, evolve processes and
- Responsible for the design research projects.
- Show agility and creativity in integrating
design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new
possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
- Works collaboratively with other teams to
support design research efforts.
- Ensures that design research across the
project is scoped and supported appropriately.
Impact on Business
- Assume responsibility for the overall quality
of the Design Research team's work
- Help to evolve the Design Research practice,
pulling in state-of-the-art methods from external and internal expertise.
- Ensure data is managed in line with HSBC
policies and ethical practice.
- Actively collaborate with
teammates on research activities.
Stakeholdersinclude, but not limited to the following:
- HSBC customers, consumers & businesses
- Design leadership team mobile
- Product management team mobile
- HSBC customer-facing staff
- All functional teams
- Technology team
- All Risk and legal Teams
- Facilitate communication across
disciplines at the project and the account level to create alignment and
- Build a culture of continuous improvement
in customer experience and functionality deployment
- Strong Collaboration within the other HSBC
- Working with senior management to drive
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Regular review to identify key risks,
issues and interdependencies.
- Determine and apply appropriate mitigation
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is
maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual
Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that
protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement
with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure
alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding
transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards,
Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner
within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and
- Drives customer-centric approaches
- Drives user friendly concepts
- Working under pressure, flexibility to
redesign solutions in the face of ongoing change and iterative
development, coordination of a diverse suite of stakeholders.
- HSBC has evolved over its 150 year history
and its adoption of electronic channels can be seen as important as the
development of the business in emerging countries. Achieving a leading
position in this aspect of Financial Services will take a number of years
requiring the development of new capabilities and competencies with which
the Mgmt. of the bank and the current culture is largely unfamiliar.
- Ensuring that all HSBC RBWM services offer
outstanding Digital customer experience and fully deliver on the brand
promise and a coherent Digital Strategy.
- Provide market-leading, compelling Digital
product experiences that can leverage the global scale and distribution
network. With increased connections between businesses around the world,
the aim is to take HSBC from a collection of locally orientated digital
experiences to one global set across the bank.
- Key objectives and governance of the deliverables inthis role will be agreed by Senior Design Manager.
- Responsibilities will include collaboration withseveral cross-functional working group teams in parallel.
- Drivescustomer-centric approaches
- Drivesuser friendly concepts
Management of Risk
- Adheresto processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timelyescalation of control issues and reputation risks.
- Demonstratesleadership on regulatory and compliance matters. Maintains awareness of riskand minimizes the likelihood of it occurring through its identification,assessment, mitigation and control.
Observation of InternalControls
- MaintainsHSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issuesraised by regulators in a timely manner.
- MaintainsHSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issuesraised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture withinthe team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training iscompleted. Optimizes relations with regulators.