|Job Type:||Full Time|
Legal Department Description
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services to the Corporation and is organised by practice groups that generally align with our lines of business and corporate staff areas. Each Practice Group has an Associate General Counsel who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the General Counsel in the region.
This role of Legal Support is to provide assistance to the Markets team. The role requires someone who is highly organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects and bring issues to a conclusion pro-actively. Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are essential in this role.
This role supports a team of 5 Managing Directors and a further 80+ Lawyers within the Markets group.
The wider support function across the London based legal department comprises 15 administrative support staff and 5 in the Finance and Business Management team, which line manages this role.
Legal Support (80%):
Document Management and Execution
- Prepare execution copies of Agreements / (assist) getting documents signed and/or using electronic signatures
- Archive, search, retrieval, logging and records management for various forms of documentation (Word, PDFs, Emails etc)
- Processing and updating NDAs, POAs, arrangement letters, and other routine legal documentation, (includes reviewing and data input (info re clauses contained in the document)
Legal Data Management
- Updating deal information, matter numbers and closing matters once deals are complete
- Assist Legal Team with pre-closing trades – prepare documents, upload onto trade workflow tool and file confirmation emails
Financial / Billing Management
- Invoice Management (drafting engagement letters, partner to record and create legal matter numbers, submitting invoices for payment and liaising with Outside Counsel)
- Running financial reports to check the status of invoices and be a critical point of contact between the client, business and finance
- Providing the Business Management Team with updates and implementing change management within your team
- Reviewing policies and procedures and being the central point of contact for your team.
- Managing, tracking and reporting on simple and ad-hoc projects (not full PM role)
Administration support (20%):
Diary management for MD level lawyers (x2 with occasional coverage up to x4)
Setting up meetings, booking rooms, arranging conference calls and telepresence sessions - internally and externally
Shared phone coverage for a busy group, involving significant interaction with internal and external clients and senior members of the firm.
Conducting on & off-boarding processes in support of the Business Management Team
Maintaining various calendars for the team (e.g. meetings, holiday calendar, completing the carry forward days at year end, collate holiday dates for summer & Xmas periods so team heads can decide on coverage needed)
Updating and maintaining e-mail distribution groups, team planning and resiliency data
Generic Skills & Experience
Experience of working in, and understanding the culture of a Legal environment is essential
Highly competent user of Adobe and MS Office tools – ability to manipulate, format and create templates for document, manage SharePoint pages etc.
Has experience of supporting a team with general assistant duties, such as diary management, travel management, invoicing and expenses
Ability to demonstrate project management skills and influence change
Ability to multi-task in a busy and demanding role and to prioritise effectively under time pressure
Has a high level of attention to detail and delivers high quality results
Is a team player who can build networks and work in partnership
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Can quickly grasp the political landscape and key people within the organisation.
Can follow up effectively without prompting and keep ahead of arrangements and requirements
Polished, professional approach, calm and composed manner
Team player, reliable and flexible about working hours
Knowledge of Document Management Systems is required
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.