|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role of Legal Support is to provide assistance to the Markets team. The role requires someone who is highly organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects and bring issues to a conclusion pro-actively. Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines are essential in this role.
- Prepare execution copies of Agreements / (assist) getting documents signed and/or using electronic signatures
- Archive, search, retrieval, logging and records management for various forms of documentation (Word, PDFs, Emails etc)
- Processing and updating NDAs, POAs, arrangement letters, and other routine legal documentation, (includes reviewing and data input (info re clauses contained in the document)
- Updating deal information, matter numbers and closing matters once deals are complete
- Assist Legal Team with pre-closing trades – prepare documents, upload onto trade workflow tool and file confirmation emails
- Invoice Management (drafting engagement letters, partner to record and create legal matter numbers, submitting invoices for payment and liaising with Outside Counsel)
- Running financial reports to check the status of invoices and be a critical point of contact between the client, business and finance
- Providing the Business Management Team with updates and implementing change management within your team
- Reviewing policies and procedures and being the central point of contact for your team.
- Managing, tracking and reporting on simple and ad-hoc projects (not full PM role)
- Diary management for MD level lawyers (x2 with occasional coverage up to x4)
- Setting up meetings, booking rooms, arranging conference calls and telepresence sessions - internally and externally
- Shared phone coverage for a busy group, involving significant interaction with internal and external clients and senior members of the firm.
- Conducting on & off-boarding processes in support of the Business Management Team
- Maintaining various calendars for the team (e.g. meetings, holiday calendar, completing the carry forward days at year end, collate holiday dates for summer & Xmas periods so team heads can decide on coverage needed)
- Updating and maintaining e-mail distribution groups, team planning and resiliency data
- Experience of working in, and understanding the culture of a Legal environment is essential
- Highly competent user of Adobe and MS Office tools – ability to manipulate, format and create templates for document, manage SharePoint pages etc.
- Has experience of supporting a team with general assistant duties, such as diary management, travel management, invoicing and expenses
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills and influence change
- Ability to multi-task in a busy and demanding role and to prioritise effectively under time pressure
- Has a high level of attention to detail and delivers high quality results
- Is a team player who can build networks and work in partnership
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can quickly grasp the political landscape and key people within the organisation.
- Can follow up effectively without prompting and keep ahead of arrangements and requirements
- Polished, professional approach, calm and composed manner
- Team player, reliable and flexible about working hours
- Knowledge of Document Management Systems is required
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.