|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Data Network Architecture team is a part of the Firmwide Data Management Office that has a firm wide remit to deliver a broad set of data management capabilities including the overall functional and technical vision for data governance.
The DNA central testing team is responsible for ensuring that Data Network Architecture solutions developed for release meet the requested needs of the critical business initiatives we support. This will be done through the establishment of a vigorous process to capture test cases and validate technical solutions through QA and user acceptance testing up to and including post rollout validation – all while following an agile/scrum methodology. Along with monitoring and publishing testing status and results.
Capture of requirements, acceptance criteria & test cases:
- Participate in scrums, sprint planning/review sessions while advocating test team needs and priorities.
- Partner with product owners and technical teams to ensure capture of acceptance criteria.
Testing artefact maintenance
- Create and capture testing artefacts (test plans, UAT scripts, results tracking matrix, UAT signoff, etc.) to ensure systematic approach to quality of releases.
- Support design, development and maintenance of test result reporting/tracking mechanisms.
QA functional testing
- Confirm developed solutions meet functional needs via QA functional testing -
- Capture enhancements and defects from QA tests in JIRA backlog.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT)/ Production launch validation
- Develop and design UAT test scripts, entitlement requirements, confirm testers and schedule UAT sessions to ensure a smooth UAT experience
- Monitor and track UAT test progress, feedback and results
- Communicate with product owners, technical team, and end user groups to ensure transparent testing and results.
- Validate release in production post rollout (“smoke” test)
- Degree in computer science (or similarly technical discipline).
- Proven experience working in sprints within an Agile/scrum technical environment.
- Backlog management experience – JIRA preferred
- Experience with managing/coordinating end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including writing/monitoring test scripts/results.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools such as SoapUI and Cucumber/Selenium including related test languages/scripting.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment on a global team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills, Proactive in identifying issues, recommending solutions
- Experience with data lineage and/or data glossary tools is a plus
- Technical background with an in depth understanding of databases (RDBMS and graph databases), data models and data discovery concepts as well as API and UI development is a plus.