|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
We are hiring a Research Analyst in New York. You will work within the Marketing, Measurement and Insights (MMI) team across a range of projects. A typical day could include:
* Programing and distributing a survey on our research community, asking players about their thoughts on the latest Candy Crush game
* Using syndicated datasets to help convince an Automotive client to buy our advertising inventory
* Fact checking a presentation on 2019 gaming trends
* Sourcing and synthesizing industry reports to help update our insight-based marketing material
* Analyzing the results of a campaign effectiveness study for an Entertainment client
* Team brainstorm on a qualitative discussion guide for in-home ethnographic researchYou will be part of a team that spans the globe with hubs in London, San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles.Candidates should be knowledgeable about the advertising industry, passionate about the entertainment business, and have experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. Candidates must be comfortable using data to develop actionable insights and effectively communicate a story on behalf of advertising clients. They should also be open to switching between projects and balancing competing priorities and stakeholders.
Skills to create thrills
* 1-2 years of media research or primary research experience
* Proven ability to analyze data and marketing insights
* You are experienced in deploying, programming and/or writing surveys
* You are curious about the "why" behind data, and eager to ask questions and learn
* Experience or familiarity with survey software (Qualtrics, Vision Critical), data analysis software (SPSS, Excel), and syndicated survey data (Simmons, MRI, Comscore)
* You are detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, organize and summarize data
* Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills; comfortable discussing research methodologies and findings
* Previous experience working at a market research firm, media agency, digital platform or gaming company
* Keen interest in developing data language skills (SQL, R) and campaign measurement experience (Millward Brown, Nielsen etc.)
* Interest in gaming across a variety of platforms (mobile, console, PC, esports etc.)
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö and Stockholm along with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™.We’ve been one of Fortune’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.