|Job Type:||Full Time|
Risk & Control Department Description:
- Focus includes:
- Acting as trusted Operations control advisors and as a first line of defense with Operations on the control agenda.
- Representing Operations interests vis-a-vis control/regulatory initiatives.
- Executing and implementing Operations control priorities and strategy.
- Leading Operations supervisory management and execution.
- Managing control and risk governance implementation and reporting.
- Driving risk mitigation and control remediation programs across the business.
Governance and Oversight
- Responsible for governance of controls across all CIB Operations functions. Partners with Control Managers to implement COR standards, design & implement CIB specific framework
- Participates in Operations metric review meetings and manages Operations error and event escalations to the appropriate committee and/or forum*
- Participate in control meetings to provide view on Operations control risks and issues
- Participate in Keys Committee to provide (through consensus) Operations approval
- Facilitates review and sign off for Operations attestations
Regulatory & Audit Management
- Works in partnership with the Control Managers* to coordinate responses to and advise on regulatory inquiries and exams
- Support Control Managers with the remediation post exam and coordination of the administrative aspects of issue and action plan management
- Focus on themes, underlying patterns and opportunities for Operations to proactively address concerns and avoid future Regulatory actions
- OCMs should be familiar to of the regulatory obligations for their coverage area operational activities in order to assess the effectiveness of the controls designed to ensure compliance with those obligations
- Partners with Legal and Compliance to confirm impacts from regulations and ensures proper implementation
- Partners with Operations to prepare for audit / compliance testing. Coordinate responses and drive required remediation actions (incl. sustainability)
- Supports the Central Controls Office with the coordination of consistent business messaging (exams and non-exams) and alignment with global and corporate initiatives
Risk Identification and Assessments
- Provide oversight and review of Operations errors in accordance with the Corporate Operational Risk Event Standards and manages escalation to the relevant control committee
- Review and evaluation of emerging risks & Internal / External event review
- Responsible for execution of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- SOX testing and SOC1 delivery
Policy and Procedures
- Support the implementation of Corporate owned Policies, with specific focus on the design of Operations controls required to comply with the policy.
- Oversee the implementation of Operations owned Policies and Standards. Lead the definition and implementation of enhanced controls required to fulfil regulatory commitments and evidence sustainability
- Oversee the development and implementation of procedures which describe process, controls and governance for all policies and standards which impact CIB Operations
- Partner with Legal and Compliance to review, refine and enhance policy prior to publication
Training and Awareness
- Input and co-ordination in executing training
- Monitor and oversee timely closure of Operations issues and action plans
- Perform targeted end to end business reviews linked to underlying themes, determine root causes, initiate thematic reviews, review metric/trends, and remediation actions*
- Responsible for periodic health checks to ensure ongoing adherence to policies and standards. Where appropriate oversee remediation of issues
- Supports the Central Controls Office with the coordination and execution of Global Control Projects and Programs
A number of skills will be important in this role including:
- Knowledge of the Markets businesses and product sets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with respect to risk/control and regulatory agendas
- Client and or regulator facing experience
- Strong organisational & planning skills and a track record of delivery
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels and across disciplines in a virtual organisation.
- Ability to deal with issues on a global, cross business level
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: August 12, 2019