|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: SeniorMarketing Manager – Sectors & Sustainability
New or Existing Role? New
- B2B Marketing is a global team
within HSBC’s Global Marketing function that supports the two business
lines which service businesses and institutions – Commercial Banking (CMB)
and Global Banking & Markets (GBM). Our purpose is to support business
growth, drive brand value and help improve customer experience by
anticipating and exceeding customer needs. These two business lines manage
relationships with businesses ranging from small start-ups to some of the
world’s largest and most complex multi-nationals. It’s a world being
re-shaped by data, technology and geo-politics, and an exciting time to be
working for the world’s No.1 Global Bank by brand value
- The role holder is charged with
driving the marketing strategy to support multiple sectors (i.e. Professional
Services, Retail, Agrifoods, Infrastructure, Technology, Healthcare,
Non-Bank Financial Institutions, and Charities), in CMB but also
identifying collaboration opportunities with the sector specialists within
the Corporates team within Global Banking. The role holder will also
support the B2B activities generated by the Sustainability function,
across green lending, supply chain propositions, sector specific
propositions, and overall sales collateral. The individual demonstrates a
proven knowledge of the areas they support, with a strong understanding of
the impact of technological innovation on the future of the business and
customer needs. The job holder is
accountable to the Head of B2B Customer Marketing Strategy, CMB & GBM
and charged with supporting Business in achieving their vision and
objectives into marketing strategyThe role holder is a member of the
Customer Marketing Strategy team leading on propositions development and
key projects related to the specified assigned sectors globally. The individual will be responsible for providing
deep understanding of the specified assigned sectors’ customer needs using
data, analytics and insight to drive more proactive proposition
development. The job holder will
also play a pivotal role as the connector between the Regions and Global
on all activity managed by the Marketing Strategy team. The job holder must have proven
knowledge of this highly complex business at a global and regional level,
demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of external and internal factors
impacting the business and customer needs both now and in the future, and an
ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships across a matrix
- This individual must have sound
business understanding with the ability to lead change across the
business, ensuring that the outcome of any marketing investment ultimately
supports business goals, differentiates HSBC from its competitors,
providing clients and prospects with compelling reasons to choose HSBC
- Leads relationship with specified assigned sectors’Global Coverage teams in CMB & GBM.
- Partners with business stakeholders to developneeds-based growth opportunities.
- Proactively partners with the business to developproposition gaps and opportunities.
- Leads the overall strategy for specified assigned sectors.
- Provides direction and deep understanding of customerneeds.
- Acts as the voice of the customer and champion ofcustomer understanding / centricity by informing business decisions with insight,ensuring that decisions are commercially sound.
- Champions the use of data in marketing activityto identify customer needs or uncover new growth opportunities.
- Translates global business strategic initiativesinto marketing activity, acting as the coordinator across marketing disciplinesfor global projects and campaigns.
- Drives customer proposition development from amarketing/comms perspective and deliver sustainable revenue and sustainedclient engagement; continually reviewing delivery against propositions andrefining/improving customer experience.
- Identifies strategies to deliver results in a complexregulatory environment balancing regulatory and business imperatives withclient needs.
- Develops briefs for Mar-Comms, Customer Strategy &Insight teams where relevant.
- Provides input to PWS strategy on customer needsonline for specified assigned sectors.
- Supports agile innovation of new product developmentand positioning.
- Collaborates with marketing teams
to ensure initiatives are delivered effectively, efficiently and
- The role-holder will work with a variety of teamsacross the bank,and will be required to influence and engage at the highest level. Keystakeholders will include:
- Within CMB:
- Global Head of specified assigned sectors
- Global Head of Propositions
- Global Head of Global Standards
- Within GB:
- Sector Heads
- Global Banking BD Head
- Within Marketing
- Global Head of CS&I
- Regional Global CMB/GBM Marketing Heads
- Various external stakeholders dependent on projectwhich could include Marketing and Digital agencies, consultancy firms, etc.
- Act as a consultant to local markets ontranslating business strategy to marketing activity and sharing best practiceacross the group
- Champion commerciality across marketing,including providing access to learning opportunities around key strategicinitiatives (this includes global strategic programs but also regional levelgoals and challenges)
- Be an ambassador of marketing, identifying
and ensuring implementation of the assigned marketing strategies and plans.
- Identify and work with key stakeholders to
gain buy-in and ensure that strategies and solutions will be effectively
delivered by all areas of the business.
- Drive introduction and adaptation
of HSBC Group best practices.
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Sets personal objectives, and
drives performance within policy and guidelines.
- Acts as a role model across
Marketing and with business partners.
- Follows marketing financial process,
procedures and manages projects within the Marketing budgets allocated.
- A number of factors
influence the role:
- Global Marketing strives to put the
customer at the heart of everything we do.
- The function supports the business in
driving top-line revenue growth across our key geographies.
- Global Marketing continues to support the
business to deliver a customer-focused approach to Global Standards and
- In order to achieve synergies from the
integrated global function, the jobholder will be required to leverage off
the skills and people across the whole global function.
- TheGlobal CMB and GBM businesses operate in over 50 countries and territories,with c.1.5m and 4,000 customers respectively. The CMB & GBM businesses arethe largest of the four Customer Groups in terms of contribution to HSBC Groupprofits. The combined businesses generated revenue of over $30bn and PBT of $14bnin 2018.
- Therole provides strategic direction to the Global CMB & GBM MarketingFunction.
- Managesthe development and execution of the Global CMB & GBM Marketing data strategy.
- Championcustomer centric commerciality across Global B2B Marketing.
- Leadbusiness engagement across specified assigned sectors strategic CMB & GBMbusiness programmes and other functions.
- Leadcoordination across marketing disciplines to translate business objectives intomarketing activity.
Management of Risk
The jobholder willcontinually reassess the operational risks associated with the role andinherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or marketconditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices,management restructurings and the impact of new technology. This will beachieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operationalrisk occurring and also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction withline management and/or the appropriate department and adherence to bothMarketing and business risk appetite.
Observation of InternalControls
jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to
internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant
procedures, including Marketing FIM and Anti-Bribery & Corruption
processes. The jobholder will also keep appropriate records and, where appropriate,
the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including
issues raised by external regulators.
- Thejobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliancerisk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, AreaCompliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embracesall relevant and financial services laws, rules and codes with which thebusiness has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering
to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance
department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity.
Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and
training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising
relations with regulators.