|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Traded Risk, Basel 3 Regulatory SME, FRTB & CVA
New or Existing Role? New
- This role forms part of the WMR RegulatoryStrategy and Liaison team within Traded Risk. The jobholder is expected to leadon examining the impacts of the new Basel 3 FRTB and CVA requirements on therelevant risk functions within the bank (Traded Risk, GRA) and liaise withother internal functions to communicate that impact.
- The individual will also be responsible forrepresenting HSBC on relevant external for a (trade association and otherindustry meetings) on upstream regulatory developments to communicate policyguidance to stakeholders. This willconsist of coordinating consultation responses either on behalf of HSBCdirectly or via industry bodies.
- Provide guidance and opine on regulatory policy
- Preparation of consultation responses and,where relevant, submissions to regulators
- Drafting policy interpretations and opinionsowned by Traded Risk
- Global and regional Credit Functions (WholesaleCredit and Traded Risk) – Traded Risk Senior management team, GRA RegionalHeads and regional Policy leads
- Global CMB, Global Banking and Markets
- Finance – Group Regulatory Policy and RegulatoryReporting teams
- Group audit – working with audit managersreviewing risk rating systems
- Regulatory bodies – in particular thePrudential Regulatory Authority supervisory and modelling teams
- Work together with business experts from theTraded Risk teams and stakeholders to develop appropriate regulatory opinionsand policy solutions
- Provide leadership to regions on providingregulatory guidance and policy opinions, including clear communication of thelatest external regulatory developments to stakeholders from Front Office, GBM,CMB, etc.
- The role holder will be expected to work withregional policy leads and Group Traded Risk teams to develop andcommunicate solutions to address rulechanges or answers to specific policy questions and/or regulatory requirements
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Develop consistent policy standards acrossregional Traded Risk sites
- Provide questions and feedback to global TradedRisk teams relating to policy, standards and documentation
- Ensure consistent and accurate regulatorysubmissions
- Policy within Traded Risk is fast-developingowing to significant global regulatory change from Basel 2, 2.5, 3 andCRR/CRD4. The jobholder needs to be able to work in an environment of regulatoryambiguity with autonomy whilst being able to provide judgment and cleardirection. The jobholder will need to work closely with Commercial Banking,Global Banking & Markets and Private Banking to communicate regulatorydevelopments and assist with ensuring that regulatory requirements are met.
- Traded Risk provides the policy, processes,infrastructure and guidance required to maintain a globally consistent andconceptually sound risk rating system and overall capital framework across WholesaleCredit and Traded Risk. The role is located in Group Risk and has global reach.The jobholder is required to develop policy and standards to be implementedacross the Group and will be expected to work in a global team context. This may include overseas travel whereappropriate
Management of Risk
- The jobholder is responsible for internalcontrol standards, including timely implementation of internal and externalaudit points
Observation of InternalControls
- The jobholder is expected to maintain HSBCinternal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal andexternal audit points together with any issues raised by regulators