|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Head ofInvestor Relations
Business: Asset Management
New or Existing Role –New
- To support the AMG Alternatives
product range incorporating HAIL (‘HSBC Alternative Investments Ltd’) and
HSBC Global Asset Management (UK) Ltd (“AMEU”) alternative products. HAIL
is a wholly owned subsidiary of AMG specialising in alternative investment
products. HAIL offers investment
strategies in Fund of Hedge Funds, Institutional Hedge Fund mandates, Real
Estate, Private Equity and Private Debt.
HAIL is the Group Centre of Reference for Hedge Funds / Private
Equity and AMEU has developed an infrastructure debt capability.
- The Head of Investor Relations is responsible for working with senior product
specialists to define the strategy for responding to investor
communication, drafting product presentations and factsheets. The
individual will provide ongoing support to a range of stakeholders across
asset management to provide timely and accurate content, working with
Senior Product Specialists, the Sales force/Client Segments and the
Investment team to ensure that their views/positioning and capacity for
investment is communicated to the relevant clients and stakeholders. Where
necessary, the Head of Investor Relations will represent the AMG,
Alternatives to clients and prospects and support product launches in the
- Managing a team of
junior product specialists to support internal stakeholders in providing
timely responses to investor queries
- Providing support
to Senior Product Specialists in working with clients
AMG, Alternatives as a centre of Excellence for Alternative Investments
generally, both within the HSBC Group and externally amongst clients and
growth and efficiency initiatives to maintain a high quality service
- At the request of
Client Directors to attend client meetings as well as seminars/events
- Provide thought
leadership in product space, to include written materials for external
- Positioning versus
communicate sales propositions and investment opportunities
writing/editing/reviewing client reporting where necessary
producing pitch books and launch materials
- Launches: work
with client proposition team to coordinate campaigns, providing on-going
- Investor Relations: on-going
support both internal and external
- Ensure AMG’s Alternatives
capability is represented in industry award events
- HAIL CEO
- HAIL Senior
- HAIL Investment
- Client Directors
- HSBC Global
- HSBC Insurance
- To represent the business to
internal and external clients
- To expand product knowledge of Alternatives
within AMG and the Private Bank
- Lead by example and instil a sense
of accountability for all employees.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our
customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent
operation of financial markets
- Ensure team continues to be recognised as
the best in class service provider for Alternatives to the Private Bank
and HSBC clients.
OperationalEffectiveness & Control
- Manage the
processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team
plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and
collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration,
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work in tandem with
Risk and Compliance to ensure the procedures and controls in place are fit
- Ensuringthat the business can meet the potential demand for Alternatives products whileensuring the quality of the service and products remains of the highestquality.
- Ensurethat our services become scalable and maintain quality of delivery.
- Improvethe aftersales and coverage, training of key stakeholders.
- Thecompany is an investment advisor to private and institutional clients withrelation to funds of funds, feeder funds and segregated mandates of hedgefunds, private equity and real estate
- AMG, Alternatives has AUM and
client commitments of circa USD 30bn in institutional and private client
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk
scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account
of operational risk considerations.
Observation of InternalControls
- Thejobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across thebusiness area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance departmentabout business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and whenapplicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training isprovided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations withregulators.
- Understands, follows and
demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules,
regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in
which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any
Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.