|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Title: Senior Marketing Manager, TechnologySolutions
New or Existing Role? New
role is part of the B2B Marketing global team which is a part of the Global
Marketing function. B2B Marketing supports
the two business lines that service businesses and institutions –
Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Banking & Markets (GBM). Our
purpose is to support business growth, drive brand value and help improve
customer experience by anticipating and exceeding customer needs. These two
business lines manage relationships with businesses ranging from small
start-ups to some of the world’s largest and most complex multi-nationals.
It’s a world being re-shaped by data, technology and geo-politics, and an
exciting time to be working for the world’s No.1 Global Bank by brand
the Senior Marketing Manager, Technology Solutions, you will work with a
team of data and technology strategists to design, build and launch developments
to the B2B digital marketing channels.
You will lead and be an effective participant on technology
projects across the entire stack and act as the lead on all aspects
related to the marketing automation platform. You will be required to have a wide
breadth of technical knowledge with the ability to design end-to-end, full
stack solutions that span data stages and technologies and are focused on
meeting business requirements. You
will be an advisor within marketing on all aspects of channel technology. Contributing positively to a
transformation culture focused on continuous learning, an eagerness to
share knowledge and implementation with speed will be critical to success.
role holder is responsible for:
- Acting as an advocate to drivean effective and collaborative transformation culture, encouraging the widerteam to embrace new ways of working driven by technology and data.
- Leading the review, optimizationand further launches of the marketing automation platform (oracle Eloqua)
- Supporting the optimization ofthe digital channel aspects of the customer journey to enhance the customerexperience.
- Driving innovation in the digitalspace, building on existing services and developing new Digital assets whichalign with the business and marketing strategy
- Guiding aspects of therelationship with HSBC IT and key technology vendors.
- Working collaboratively withregional and local B2B marketing channel leads in order to launch digitalmarketing channel capabilities and with stakeholders across the wider marketingteam and the business areas to ensure most effective means of using andintegrating with the capabilities available across HSBC.
- Designing solutions to meetthe needs outlined in the briefs submitted by various teams.
- Building solutions in linewith agreed capabilities, budgets and timelines.
- Seamlessly launching solutionsat the local, regional and global level.
- Building the teamstrategically to achieve the agreed long term operating model.
- The role holder must have
experience working with technology in a B2B environment as well as
knowledge of CMB and GBM strategic areas at a global and regional level,
demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of external and internal factors
impacting the business and customer needs both now and in the future, and
an ability to manage a range of stakeholders.
- Architecting and deliveringhigh-performing, highly-scalable and flexible, cost effective solutions thatmeet business requirements and conform to HSBC and Marketing’s technologyroadmaps and strategies.
- Translate businessrequirements into conceptual and detailed technology solutions.
- Designing and documentingarchitecture at multiple levels across multiple views.
- Developing and supporting proofof concept projects
- Delivering solutions inline with the marketing technology vision whilst ensuring the right outcomesfor the group are delivered from a risk and business strategy perspective
- Keeping abreast of theindustry and marketplace evolution – staying current with vendor productofferings and common and emerging data solutions across the industry;continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into theorganisation
- Provides guidance anddirection, communicating and educating others throughout the organisation onarchitecture methodologies, governance and standards
- Works with a wide range ofstakeholders, acting as an ambassador for technology solutions
- Has a broad understanding ofsoftware, infrastructure, integration, security and data relevant to marketingwith the ability to challenge direction across these areas as required.
- Work with Customer Experience& Sales Development teams as well as Customer Strategy & Insight to gainunderstanding of the CMB & GBM customer experience.
- Provide regional and/or country
team(s) with guidance on how best to leverage technology capabilities to
meet the set objectives.
- Lead and support peers andteam members
- Work with key stakeholders togain buy-in and ensure strategies and solutions are effectively delivered byall areas of the business.
- Engage with IT to ensureplatforms and technologies are implemented with minimal impact to the business.
- Introduce new HSBC Group bestpractices to the team.
- Liaise with marketing across HSBC
globally, sharing best practices, common standards and approaches.
Effectiveness & Control**
- Responsible for data securityand compliance
- Performing third-party vendorassessments
- Follow the business transformation
- Follow the marketing financial process, procedures
and manage within the marketing budget allocated.
- Identify potential
risks and recommend ways to mitigate risks and issues caused by internal
and external factors.
- Sets personal
objectives to drive personal performance within policy and guidelines.
- Act as a role
model across marketing and with business partners.
- Challenges include the need to:
- Support many complex anddiverse integration projects.
- Complete diverse due diligencerequirements around data privacy for all platforms.
- Engage with stakeholdersglobally and manage different cultural and logistical factors.
- A number of
factors influence the role:
- Global CMB & GBM marketing strives to
put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- CMB & GBM marketing supports the
business in driving top-line revenue growth across our key geographies.
- To achieve its
strategic goals, CMB & GBM marketing has embarked on a Marketing
Transformation programme which will impact all teams, process and culture.
Management of Risk
- The role holder will continually reassess
the operational risks associated with the role. This can include changes in
economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements,
operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the
impact of new technology.
- The role holder is responsible for
mitigating these risks as much as possible. The role holder should address
any areas of concern with line management and/or the appropriate
department, and adherence to both marketing and business risk appetite
Observation of InternalControls
role holder will also adhere to internal controls. This will be achieved
by adherence to all relevant procedures, including the Marketing FIM and
Anti-Bribery & Corruption processes. The jobholder will also keep
appropriate records and, where appropriate, the timely implementation of
internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Therole holder will implement the CMB & GBM group compliance policy bycontaining compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, GlobalCompliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. Theterm ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codeswith which the business has to comply.
- Thiswill be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and byliaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at theearliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resourcesare in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture andoptimising relations with regulators.