|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission at Hotels.com is to revolutionise travel through the power of technology. One of our key focuses is to provide “accessible, integrated and customer-centric data & tools for all”.
Data is a first-class citizen at Hotels.com - and we have a lot of it. We produce Terabytes of data every single day and our Data Lake is measured in Petabytes and it's growing rapidly. Here at Expedia Group we are "all in" in our AWS Cloud adoption strategy. Working in our Data Operations team you will be a key member of the Hotels.com Data organisation, responsible for deploying and developing our existing AWS cloud solutions, building and supporting platforms to enable our team of analysts and data engineers to migrate from our on-premise solution toward our strategy to create a world-class Big Data platform.
- As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
- Expert knowledge of Terraform and automation tooling including Docker, Kube and other open source devops technologies.
- CI/CD and Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Bamboo/Jenkins and code repositories like Git.
- You have experience building and troubleshooting front and backend services preferably in an online business environment.
- You have a deep understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs and IAM roles.
- You are a capable building, and can demonstrate a history of developing, your own solutions to fix complex issues
- Experience with building monitoring tools for availability, usage & performance
- You've spent some time with Big Data application ecosystem running on Spark, Hadoop, EMR.
- You have hands on experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
- You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- You are confident writing robust Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform and integrated with other tools such as Vault and Jenkins.
- You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
- You have some DBA experience (Postgresql, mysql)
- Experience in Python or Java, SQL, Shell scripting
- You will contribute to the design, build and running of our AWS Data platforms to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to Hotels.com infrastructure.
- You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, analysts, engineers and other technology partners and stakeholders to understand their needs.
- You will provide mentorship and technical direction to on and off-shore team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
Why join Hotels.com team?
- You'll get to work with spectacular people across technology, product & business teams.
- You will have access to our dedicated AWS account team with advanced support and access to new AWS technologies and roadmaps.
- You will help live, breathe, craft data solutions on top of petabyte scale data lake and the latest big data technologies.
- We believe in leading humbly & create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career.
- We have many best bits of a start-up backed by resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We do hackathons at multiple scales to drive innovation
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone in our teams to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a fun, modern office with great perks, in a desirable part of London
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.