|Job Type:||Full Time|
You are a passionate thought-leader when it comes to predicting the next news consumption trends, have a great nose for an exclusive, and you’re also an inspiring communicator who will take our award-winning national newsrooms to the next level. This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in Global’s future and to contribute to the daily news agenda.Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with the Senior Digital Team and Managing Editor of LBC Programming, plot the future digital direction for the LBC and Global’s Newsroom brands with the view to boosting the audience significantly through all relevant digital channels
- Define and execute a content strategy across both brands that will deliver distinct, original content that will entertain and inform users on the platforms they use to interact with the brand. Identify data-driven opportunities to tap into new audiences with new content strands.
- Deliver creative vision and direction for both brands, providing innovative thinking and inspiration around content formats and distribution across all platforms
- Deliver a regular stream of exclusives, working with the Global PR team to ensure as wide coverage as possible.
- Execute a long-term SEO strategy which will gradually increase search referrals. Work with the dev team to ensure SEO improvements are prioritised.
- Work closely with the video team to create engaging video formats that will engage current and new audiences with the view to possible sponsorship or IP partnerships.
- Effectively communicate vision and plans to C-level stakeholders and senior execs for feedback and support.
- Be the digital thought leader and advocate to inspire potential partners and key contacts within the news industry.
- Subject matter expert regarding audience habits around news consumption and where the brands fit alongside competitors.
- Excellent writing and editing skills along with experience of managing managers.
- Experienced leader who can demonstrate how they have led, grown and developed editorial teams through managing, mentoring and being a role model.