|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will work closely with the Human Resources Division, as well as having a wide exposure to employees from all areas of Macquarie and in all locations where Macquarie has operations, with a specific focus on the EMEA region.
You will be:
- advising on a broad range of taxation and social security related matters in the EMEA region relating to:
- remuneration structures;
- expatriate employees;
- employee share plans;
- non-employee arrangements;
- M&A projects.
- liaising with HR, the Tax Reporting function and Payroll teams to provide technical support and ensure the Macquarie Group meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction
- monitoring and communicating changes to employment tax related laws
- involved in internal and external tax audits and reviews of Macquarie Group entities
- monitoring compliance with employment tax obligations in the EMEA region
- documenting and reviewing policies and procedures
- identifying and implementing process improvements.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- be able to demonstrate a strong and broad knowledge of core tax technical provisions, specifically in relation to employment tax and social security matters around EMEA, double tax treaties, bilateral social security agreements, employee share schemes and cross-border mobility issues
- have previous tax advisory experience within a chartered accounting firm, legal firm or in commerce
- be able to work independently and take responsibility with minimal supervision and may be involved in team management
- be flexible and willing to work across multiple time zones, in particular Australia, the Philippines, India and the US
- be able to develop internal relationships with key contacts in other divisions as well as in other Macquarie offices
- be able to support other Division members when situations arise to ensure the Taxation Division's requirements and goals are met
- have outstanding organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you are a highly experienced Employment Tax specialist, looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you. Apply now online, or to learn more about us, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.