|Job Type:||Full Time|
Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Financial Accountant
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant to join HSBC Technology.
This GCB5 PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant will report to the Head of Portfolio Services. The successful candidate will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes leading and participating in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
What you will be doing;
- will support the ITID Change Portfolio ($500M+)
- Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
- Support the monthly reforecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
- Compile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
- Actively seek to minmise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
- Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
- Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
- Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
- Support the annual budgeting process as required
- Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
- Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on finanical planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
- Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.