|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
HSBC is looking for experienced DevOps engineers to grow our Global Cloud Services team, supporting a multitude of project teams across the world to adopt Cloud services as part of our “Cloud First” strategy.
In the Global Cloud Services AWS Adoption team we are specifically looking for individuals who love AWS and have built and supported a rich variety workloads across a broad range of AWS services.
You’ll be joining a team of equally passionate and skilled engineers, architects and cloud gurus who evangelise the cloud, especially AWS, and enjoy helping others to adopt cloud services.
We work in an agile team building highly resilient, scalable, performant solutions in an automated and efficient manner.
If working in this team appeals to you and you have the right skills, then get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
We need people who tick the following boxes:
- Outgoing strong communicators who love working collaboratively to achieve their objectives.
- Senior engineers who are comfortable leading major incident investigations, providing on-call support and managing projects with junior colleagues
- Python developers who love automating solutions. If your Python skills aren’t much to brag about, then a development understanding with excellent scripting skills would also work.
- Broad experience working across many AWS services.
- Practical understanding of DevOps practises and Agile working techniques. You build it, you own it, you support it mentality.
- Demonstrable enterprise infrastructure delivery success stories.
- Good understanding of Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Proficient experience with CI/CD tooling including Jenkins, Git, Ansible, etc.
- You must believe that security is a fundamental aspect of delivering solutions and know what it takes to do so in an AWS context.
It would be nice if you also had:
- AWS certification(s).
- Good Terraform skills.
- Linux or Windows certification(s).
- Good non-functional testing experience.
- An understanding of risk management and ensuring compliance against relevant regulatory processes.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry.