|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
The engineering team in Barcelona is responsible for building complex, high-scale, real-time systems, working closely with other parts of the business to support the marketing activities for our popular games. We need a mid-level developer with some practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
* You will design, architect, test and implement features in our core services
* You will build valuable tools to support the game development process
* You will deliver high quality and well-structured code
Skills to create thrills
You have phenomenal passion for programming and a validated sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a strong team player, able to work in a fast paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
* You are experienced in Java, databases and web development in general.
* No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
* You are used to TDD, UNIX environments.
* You have strong Computer Science fundamentals, design patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
* You are a team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
* Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, then we’d love to talk with you.
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.You should submit your application in English.