|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your Role Within our Kingdom
You’ll be part of the London art team working on some of the biggest games in the mobile games industry. As a technical artist you will work directly with artists and developers helping to identify and solve problems, optimize workflows and game footprints and push the boundaries and visuals of our globally successful games. You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share and support each other to achieve our full potential.
Skills to Create Thrills
* Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred)
* Experience with character rigging for animation
* Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop etc)
* Previous experience creating mobile games preferable
* Good knowledge of game engine workflows and an understanding of realtime rendering
* Strong scripting ability (e.g. Python)
* Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
* Understanding of how to optimize games content for memory and performance
* Passion and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows
* Experience in creating various game content (animations/modelling/vfx etc)
* A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills would be appreciated.
* Understanding of GLSL or similar shading language
* Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment
* Good Knowledge of typical development languages (C++)
* Good knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Life at King
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you. People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Want to join our Kingdom? Application needs to be in English. Apply now!