|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Product Manager - Email marketing at Vrbo, an Expedia brand
We are looking for a highly analytical and passionate Senior Product Manager to lead the optimization and scaling of Vrbo's Marketing Platform. You will focus on driving our programmatic Email Marketing channel.
As Product Owner, you will evaluate existing processes to find opportunities for improved performance. You will use qualitative industry and user insights alongside our quantitative analytics systems to create the product strategy and road map, produce specifications that
evolve the email marketing program. You will develop, test, and iterate new features and email templates, and work closely with Growth Marketing, Data Science, external partners and Engineering to ensure quality deliverables on-time.
Because Vacation Rental is a disruptive play in the Online Travel space, and Google's search index shows it to be one of the fastest growing categories, we look for product leaders who get stuff done. Vrbo is creating a marketplace that brings value to both Travelers and Homeowners; by using data science to build programmatic and event-triggered email marketing products, you will directly and measurably impact our operational scale and revenue.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute the vision, goals, and roll out of Marketing emails that emotionally connect customers to our Brand while perfectly matching them to the right vacation destination.
- Execute A/B testing strategy and global roll out plans for Email Marketing as part of the Marketing Platform portfolio.
- Collaborate with engineering and Marketing partners to specify feature details, create user stories, drive Agile delivery and UAT.
- You will provide recommendations backed by data across multiple concurrent assessments; design and implement product testing strategy around these recommendations.
- Form relationships and partnerships between global Product teams and other parts of the organisation and Expedia Brand Family to help achieve goals.
- Handle trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of features to Production that meet customer needs.
- You will delicately engage with multiple departments across the organisation to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- You will build & maintain up-to-date industry knowledge of marketing technologies.
- You will automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
- Contribute to global product management practices: help us ship delightful products and be an exceptional place to work.
- You will understand Vrbo's evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Collaborate with operations teams to optimize email templates, content, and targeting to drive an uplift in performance
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, marketing, social science or an equivalent, MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Confirmed experience in data-driven product optimization: you can interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support decisions.
- Proven and confirmed product management experience, including the delivery of entire products from start to finish, in email technology/communication preferred
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones.
- You are a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges, and demanding situations will not deter you.
- Proficient in using the scientific method to identify and evaluate solutions to business problems;
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- You have a passion for data, technology, and machine learning applications.
- Experience in the travel vertical and a 2-sided marketplace are a plus.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and data analysis to make product decisions.
- Experience crafting intuitive and straightforward user interfaces – ability to build examples through wire frames and mock-ups
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.