|Job Type:||Full Time|
Advanced Technical Support Engineer
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
- To provide Advanced Technical Support on Schneider Electrics range of Automation products.
- For example; Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC’s), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Remote Input / Output devices (RIO), Network interfaces between devices using communications protocols such as Modbus, Profibus, Canbus and Modbus over TCP/IP etc.
- To actively promote Schneider products from all brands
- To provide technical and application support as well as fault finding and commissioning assistance to all external and internal customers
- Work with the sales team to develop new business
- Liaise with the Offer development, after sales, marketing and the call centre to resolve and new or outstanding issues, or to promote product improvements
- Work to achieve a high level of customer service
- Pre-Sales Technical Support providing precise and clear detailed assistance to enable customers to select and purchase correctly and easily
- Post Sales Technical advice providing detailed information to help customers to install and commission our products quickly and efficiently
- Methodical questioning with regard to site safety giving diagnosis of application design, installation, commissioning and breakdown issues with safe and effective resolutions
- Proposing solutions based on careful questioning of customers real needs and which match product capability, application, standards and legislation, within budgetary constraints
- Liaise with Product Application Engineers and Expert Level Technical Support to ensure the customer receives the highest level of support across all products regardless of the complexity of product or problem
- Provide product related information on Schneider Electric products and competitors’ products to enable the marketing department to enhance and improve the Schneider offer
- Carry out fault diagnosis and triage on customer returned products
- Maintain product literature and parts library for current, obsolescent and obsolete parts to enable support and /or conversion customers to current products
Qualifications and Experience:
- ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Detailed knowledge of the Schneider Electric product range or similar competitor products
- Computer Literate with good typing skills
- Site experience of using Electronic or electrical products
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Good level of commercial acumen
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.**