|Job Type:||Full Time|
Advisory Systems Engineer - Unstructured Data Solutions
London / Brentford
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisory Systems Engineer in our Unstructured Data Solutions team in the UK.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
The Advisory Systems Engineer position will be part of a UKI-wide team that provides innovative thought leadership, strategic guidance and technology expertise to help clients in their digital transformation journeys. The position combines vertical industry experience, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and business and technology expertise to be able to differentiate Dell EMC on our ability to deliver tangible business outcomes through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients.
The Advisory Systems Engineer will work closely with sales teams and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next generation applications, and data analytics. He/she will be able to challenge customer traditional thinking to sell a long term vision as opposed to pointed solutions. He/she should engage with and influence key customers’ chief technologists, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering and operations teams, as well as line of business (LoB) functions.
This role has an expanded impact across the UKI sales organization and will involve mentoring, coaching and leading specific technology and business-focused communities. As part of the Unstructured Data Solutions team, he/she will help define, create and execute frameworks to repeat sales campaigns success and enablement programs for the sales and presales organizations.
- Provide strong thought leadership and strategic direction to account teams (internal) and customers (external). Become the trusted technology advisor, working closely with all parts of the Dell Technologies business.
- Create and maintain account technology plans with sales teams (internal), including future state architectures, tactical initiatives, milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
- Present and clearly communicate the value of the Dell Technologies Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) portfolio to peers (internal) and customers (external), with the ability to demonstrate the technical capabilities and commercial benefits of UDS products in the context of customer environments and requirements.
- Architect and present UDS technical solutions to peers (internal) and customers (external).
- Provide technical leadership to peers within the specialist team, through coaching and mentoring, as well as peers within the wider Dell technical community.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive solutions, sharing relevant information with peers and account teams to assist with sales campaigns and strategy.
- Research and communicate technology, industry and market trends, providing guidance on their relevance to customers and feeding back business requirements into Dell Technologies engineering and marketing organizations.
- Relevant Domain Experience: either selling experience or implementation/hands-on/architecture experience (in vendor, partner, customer or SP).
- Technical Expertise: Network-Attached Storage, Object Storage, Networking, Protocols (including SMB, NFS, Cloud/S3), Authentication (AD, LDAP, etc), Scale-Out Technologies
- Working Knowledge: Cloud Operating Models (PaaS, SaaS), Virtualization, Software-Defined Infrastructure/Data Center
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to deliver planned/structured as well as ad-hoc technical presentations.
- Thrives on collaboration, team player with a strong drive to succeed as a team.
- Able to engage with and influence key customer decision makers: from CxO level to enterprise architects, application owners and development teams.
- Financial: understanding of financial aspects of IT which include but is not limited to; planning, capital & operating expenses, and asset capitalization is beneficial.
- Knowledge or certification in ITIL, TOGAF, or similar qualification.
- Technical Expertise (one or more): Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Batch Processing, Analytic Platforms (Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks), Data Streaming (Kafka, Pravega)
- DellEMC Big Data Proven certifications.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com