|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB Lead Container Engineer - 190051289
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CIB has a strong belief that the future of our infrastructure is on cloud, whether that be internal or external, and that containers will be used to drive that adoption. As part of this vision it has already begun building the ‘bridge’ to access public cloud in addition to a private cloud for specific workflows. Significant engineering challenges remain in 1) driving the architecture and security of our container and cloud offerings and enabling the best possible engineering experience allowing teams to focus on building world class financial solutions 2) assisting our engineers to migrate existing workloads to containers and to build new cloud native applications.
To assist in both of these challenges, CIB has established a Cloud Engineering function with responsibility for leading these architecture activities in close partnership with the engineering community. Within this small organization we require a number of experienced container engineers. This is a critical role and will lead to significant transformation across the CIB.
The role of the Container Engineer is to ensure we balance the demand of building in a flexible and timely manner with the need to provide a secure controlled environment and to protect JP Morgan and our clients against potential security threats.
Success for this role is defined by simple criteria: 1) what business value did we enable via container and cloud adoption 2) did we advance the quality/stability/control of our environment and 3) are our engineers more efficient.
Primary Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Extensive experience across the end-to-end life cycle of Docker, Kubernetes and containers in general
- Extensive end-to-end, real world life cycle experience in Go, Java and/or Python
- Including designing and building large scale systems
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform including AWS services such as EKS, ECS, RDS,EC2, Dynamo DB, EMR etc
- Any experience in securing AWS services a bonus
- Experience and understanding of AWS Security principles and services, AWS Config, AWS IAM, AWS KMS, AWS networking
- Experience designing automation for security, availability, scalability, and cost transparency
- Experience with solution architecture/documenting software architectures
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Including CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins for example)
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Bachelor/Masters in computer science/computer/electrical engineering/math/physics
- Finance experience a bonus, however non-finance background with container or cloud engineering experience is welcomed
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits.CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity.We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.