|Job Type:||Full Time|
Expedia IT (eIT) is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high stress environment as an IT Support Technician. You are a highly top-tier IT professional capable of providing desktop support to Expedia Group Executives in person and remote. You are well acquainted with Event technology and have the ability to smoothly facilitate live events.
What you'll do:
- You will provide IT Desktop support to the Traveler Leadership Team and their assistants in the location/region based, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- You will make timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and settling between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with the Global Service Desk and other IT operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- Will be required to lead problem resolution activities among multiple parties in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
- You will be expected to take ownership of technology related to events and executive townhalls.
- You will work with other Expedia Group teams, like product and marketing, in planning and leading events onsite in Expedia Group offices and offsite locations.
- Develops/maintains support document for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
- You will identify and solve any problem that affect desktop computer operating systems and solve problems and maintenance of systems.
- Trains executives, and assistants. Orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
- Maintains other relevant computer information technology devices such as Monitors, Printers, Video teleconferencing devices.
- Incumbent may be required to travel (locally and internationally) as needed.
- Completes desktop support related projects as assigned.
- You will deliver training and mentorship for junior team members on processes and workflow
- Some shift work may be required, and weekend work is needed for projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Ability to communicate effectively with high level executives and executive assistants
- Prior experience in 1st/2nd/3rd level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- Knowledge of video conferencing codecs and infrastructure.
- You have experience leading live events and working event teams.
- You demonstrate experience of configuring and administrating servers, workstations/laptops and associated software
- Experience with event technology like video switchers, microphones, and projectors.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly
- Ability to produce reports against service levels and important metrics
- You have experience working on medium-large projects and delivering against timelines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- You should be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering at a high level.
- Have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
- Able to perform root cause analysis. Capable of actively recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT partners, management, and end user population.
- Able to effectively operate within an ambiguous environment and independently deliver goals and objectives.
- You have proven time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish good relationships with individuals at the management level.
- You are dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high-level trust required by the help desk and IT teams for this position to be successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Service Now ITSM Tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT Technology or another appropriately related field.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- CTS certificate
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
- Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
- Knowledge in storage and backup technologies.
- Experience with Windows 2007 and 2010 Server Operating systems and associated applications
- Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repairs
- Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
Skills you'll use every day:
- Technical Competence: Uses technical skills and experience, to meet and exceed job requirements, is in command of critical issues
- Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution to these
- Organizational Effectiveness: Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization
- Customer Service: Demonstrates a high level of empathy and patience while working with users. Demonstrates emotional intelligence while supporting users’ issues.
- Effective communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including different viewpoints.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Vrbo®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.