|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
- Complete IMA and legal language end to end reviews
Preparation of all review content including applicable supporting documentation and schedules
Partner with CAM’s to work with legal/compliance and other stakeholders in respect to issues on clause negotiations
Monitor legal pipeline and aid CAM’s in swift resolution of contractual negotiations
Provide consultative advice during negotiations to CAM’s
Review contracts and aid negotiations on key strategic relationships
Attend and participate in client meetings/calls as required
Arrange for execution of legal agreements/documents
Contributor of clause escalation forum and owner of pattern and trends analysis
Complete updates in core systems/tracking tools
Create/update contract language and templates as required by business or in respect to regulatory change or client feedback
Involvement in design, testing and release of automated systems to aid negotiations.
- Administration owner for clause library and templates; includes accountability for data integrity
- Work on any projects impacting contracts (repapering, contract updates, contract reviews etc.) to plan and carry out details necessary to complete the project
- Participate in any and all aspects of contract administration as requested by senior management.
Control and MIS Reporting - Using various macros and excel spreadsheets, responsibility for data collation, production and analysis
Supporting ad-hoc business initiatives and projects
Knowledge and Skills Required for Essential Job Functions:
- 3-5 years’ experience in asset management industry in a similar role.
- BA or higher education degree; Law degree, paralegal or equivalent legal training preferred
- Extensive experience negotiating contracts
- Highly articulate and able to convey J.P. Morgan's contractual positions in a client-friendly way. Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organizational skills and extremely high level of attention to detail are critical to the success of this function
- Extensive knowledge of asset management client structures and related interdependencies
- Technically proficient with standard office computer applications, specifically Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point. Spreadsheet skills and analysis critical
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment, and demonstrate flexibility and ability to adjust quickly to the changing demands of the business and team
- Manages time effectively. Must be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a deadline orientated environment
- Must possess continuous process improvement mindset
- Good problem solving skills, ability to think of multiple alternatives/angles and identification of pros/cons
- Professional presence required