|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Business Platform team sits alongside the Client Account Management (CAM) team and provides support, control and governance.
The Contract Specialist role will be within the Business Platform Client Contracting Specialist team.
This team is responsible for providing support, training & governance to EMEA CAM in respect of all client contractual negotiations.
- Complete IMA and legal language end to end reviews
- Preparation of all review content including applicable supporting documentation and schedules
- Partner with CAM’s to work with legal/compliance and other stakeholders in respect to issues on clause negotiations
- Monitor legal pipeline and aid CAM’s in swift resolution of contractual negotiations
- Provide consultative advice during negotiations to CAM’s
- Review contracts and aid negotiations on key strategic relationships
- Attend and participate in client meetings/calls as required
- Arrange for execution of legal agreements/documents
- Contributor of clause escalation forum and owner of pattern and trends analysis
- Complete updates in core systems/tracking tools
- Create/update contract language and templates as required by business or in respect to regulatory change or client feedback
- Involvement in design, testing and release of automated systems to aid negotiations.
owner for clause library and templates; includes accountability for data
on any projects impacting contracts (repapering, contract updates, contract
reviews etc.) to plan and carry out details necessary to complete the
- Participate in
any and all aspects of contract administration as requested by senior
- Control and MIS Reporting - Using various macros and excel spreadsheets, responsibility for data collation, production and analysis
- Supporting ad-hoc business initiatives and projects
Knowledge and Skills Required for Essential Job Functions:
- 3-5 years’ experience in asset management industry in a similar role.
- BA or
higher education degree; Law degree, paralegal or equivalent legal
experience negotiating contracts
articulate and able to convey J.P. Morgan's contractual positions in a
client-friendly way. Requires strong written and verbal communication
analytic, organizational skills and extremely high level of attention to
detail are critical to the success of this function
knowledge of asset management client structures and related
proficient with standard office computer applications, specifically Excel,
Word, MS Project, Power Point. Spreadsheet skills and analysis
be able to work independently within a team environment, and demonstrate
flexibility and ability to adjust quickly to the changing demands of the
business and team
time effectively. Must be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously
and work well in a deadline orientated environment
possess continuous process improvement mindset
problem solving skills, ability to think of multiple alternatives/angles
and identification of pros/cons