|Job Type:||Full Time|
Site Acquisition Manager, EMEA Team
Business Group Description
The Site Selection team is generally responsible for a wide variety of activities associated with the acquisition of land and leases to support datacenter deployment in the EMEA region. In addition, the EMEA team also assists with the acquisition of incentives, primarily in the EMEA. This position will primarily focus on leasing activities, and may also assist with land and incentives from time-to-time.
The Site Acquisition Manager is responsible for leasing and acquiring data center capacity, real estate, utilities and data center related infrastructure. The data center Site Acquisition Manager is a regional real estate and acquisition manager – in this case, assigned to the EMEA Region. S/he will be responsible for performing analytics and conducting market research on targeted metros and regions, new countries, metros, and target locations, developing acquisition opportunities, and commercial terms with landlords and stakeholders, making executive proposals on acquisitions, and constructing and negotiating leases and related real estate agreements. This will include new, Colocation leases as well as lease renewals. The Site Acquisition Manager will work closely with our regional demand planning, engineering, construction, security, networking, energy, and operations teams as well as with various global teams and leaders.
- Work with capacity planners and network specialists to understand capacity needs and site requirements in assigned metros/regions
- Lead cross functional teams to evaluate, select, negotiate and recommend leases for approval
- Work with Finance reps to conduct Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) lease or build options to drive cost down, and help business to achieve deployment objectives
- Collaborate with internal business units and stakeholders to ensure primary responsibilities are aligned with group’s strategic directions
- Manage multiple projects and coordinate with internal team members, consultants, vendors, and external stakeholders
- Present Deal Summaries and Lease Abstracts to key decision makers for financial approval
- Work with internal law & corporate affairs personnel to drive preparation of executable lease documents
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Arts or Sciences or Business or technical discipline
- At least 5 years of site selection and acquisition experience in mission-critical, large scale production facilities such as semi-conductor fabricating plants, data centers etc.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, written, and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations
- Experience in leading complex negotiations, contract formation, and contract negotiations
- Proven track record as a Team Lead or a Program Manager
- Must be able to deliver results or projects in a timely manner
- An understanding of data center leases is highly desirable
- Willing to travel domestically or internationally as needed
- General understanding of hybrid real estate solutions such as build-to-suit, Retail, and Wholesale datacenter leases
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with corporate communications and public relations strategies a plus
- Background in real estate development and land acquisition is a plus
- Law degree or training (or work as a paralegal)
Describe the ideal candidate (optional)
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a team environment to deliver multiple real estate projects simultaneously.
- This position requires an individual that has prior hands-on experience in negotiating datacenter leases, and who can lead and drive multi-disciplinary teams of internal stakeholders toward completion of leases and related documents (such as Amendments and SNDA Agreements).
- The candidate must also be able to converse with finance, operations, security, and networking representatives to prepare business cases and deal summaries – and present those to senior staff for approval, prior to routing executable documents.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.