|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer - Enablement
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Previous teaching, education, or training experience, ideally with modern technologies
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Ability to take ownership over knowledge shares and train/educate colleagues in new concepts
- Must have demonstrated passion for taking on new challenges and inspiring others to come round to new ways of thinking
- Experience within architecture and domain design and API at SME level
- Effective communicator to senior stakeholders
- Experience using, and writing, architectural patterns, standard methodologies, and guidelines for enterprise applications, Tech Primers.
As the Software Engineer in Enablement function, you will build a sense of community, partnership, knowledge and ownership across our entire engineering community. Always be observing and improving the training, tools, documentation, information, and processes used by the team to identify shortfalls to build or adjust solutions. You will be responsible for incubating engineering efficiency solutions and implement solutions that will positively transform how we delivery software solutions to our business. You will provide transparency into our book of work and collaborate across multiple lines-of-business to identify areas of opportunity, define priorities and deliver results. You will challenge the status quo and create a culture of individual continuous learning and improvement.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
AWM (Asset Wealth Management)
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.