|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.
We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
The Head of Franchise Business is a key role in the continuing growth of Sea of Thieves. We are looking for an individual who will own the growth of our monetisation within the game, balancing our players desires and the franchise business needs. You will work closely alongside the rest of the Sea of Thieves leadership team, owning the strategy and driving the delivery of features & content to drive business success.
- Own the strategy for monetization delivery in Sea of Thieves
- Balance a business and customer-centric view on monetization ensuring the spirit of Sea of Thieves is always considered alongside the business opportunity being realised
- Work in a cross-team influential way owning the goals and motivation in a positive can-do way that gets people bought in and features delivered.
- Liaise and influence wider feature roadmaps and priorities to ensure features around monetization get the right support and assets and they dovetail with the game features in the roadmap.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strategic decision-maker, as comfortable defining the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’
- An understanding of Sea of Thieves and what makes it special
- An understanding of the psychology / motivation of Sea of Thieves players and what drives them to play and engage with the game
- Passionate about players and their feedback
- Comfortable and experienced in using data to drive decision-making
- An understanding & experience of the current games industry dynamic with monetisation methods, what works and why
- Experience in managing a product as a service in Live operation would be beneficial, but not essential
- Work well in a team environment, possess strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with complex situations
- Strong self-motivation and attention to detail
Rare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.