|Job Type:||Full Time|
Rare: we're not your typical developer. Our 30+ years in the game-making business have been dedicated to crafting one beloved title after another, constantly trying new things, and infusing the fun we have every day into the games we create. Check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence! We strive to keep Rare a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance.
If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, released in March 2018 and a journey we're committed to for the long haul even as we begin to think about what's out there beyond the horizon. With every day bringing new challenges and discoveries in equal measure, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
The Head of Franchise Business is a key role in the continuing growth of Sea of Thieves. We are looking for an individual who will own the growth of our monetisation within the game, balancing our players desires and the franchise business needs. You will work closely alongside the rest of the Sea of Thieves leadership team, owning the strategy and driving the delivery of features & content to drive business success.
- Own the strategy for monetization delivery in Sea of Thieves
- Balance a business and customer-centric view on monetization ensuring the spirit of Sea of Thieves is always considered alongside the business opportunity being realised
- Work in a cross-team influential way owning the goals and motivation in a positive can-do way that gets people bought in and features delivered.
- Liaise and influence wider feature roadmaps and priorities to ensure features around monetization get the right support and assets and they dovetail with the game features in the roadmap.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strategic decision-maker, as comfortable defining the ‘why’ as much as the ‘what’
- An understanding of Sea of Thieves and what makes it special
- An understanding of the psychology / motivation of Sea of Thieves players and what drives them to play and engage with the game
- Passionate about players and their feedback
- Comfortable and experienced in using data to drive decision-making
- An understanding & experience of the current games industry dynamic with monetisation methods, what works and why
- Experience in managing a product as a service in Live operation would be beneficial, but not essential
- Work well in a team environment, possess strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with complex situations
- Strong self-motivation and attention to detail
Rare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.