|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ESG Integration
- ESG Thematic Research
- Proxy Voting
- Consistent and quality Client
- Client Reporting
The Role of Global ESG Specialist
- Global Proactive Engagement:
- Conduct proactive engagement in a structured manner that can be evidenced to clients
- Setting targets of engagement outcome and timeline (leverage the framework we are building for the existing client)
- Ensuring consistent engagement approach across different global strategies
- Rules of engagement
- Have a consistent approach to the action after engagement (e.g. if we have 1 yellow-flag, proceed to voting action)
- Conduct engagements on behalf of growing set of key ESG-interested clients
- E.g. Clients including key European/Japanese asset owners, internal Multi Asset team, etc.
- ESG Integration
- Collaborate with EMAP, International & US Equities team on ESG profiling of companies and furthering the ESG integration in the investment process
- Assist sector analysts to identify material ESG risks & opportunities for each sector by participating in 4pm or morning meetings
- ESG Thematic Research:
- Conduct thematic research and publish research notes to keep investors updated with latest insights. So far, TS has worked on:
- Cyber Security: “Focus on Cyber Security“, “Asahi ×Cyber”
- Presented to all the PMs and analysts in Japan
- Corporate Governance of Consumer Staples companies in Japan: “Correlation between improvement in corporate governance and return on capital”
- Used in a number of company engagements in Japan.
- Climate Change: “Global Equities Carbon Position Paper“
- Used for client presentation by Helge.
- Publish white papers for client use.
- At the moment working on the Equities section of Climate Change white paper to be published in 2019
- Client Meetings & Reporting:
- Demonstrate a consistent and quality ESG process to ESG-interested clients globally as mentioned earlier
- Respond to inquiries from clients invested in multiple/global products to ensure consistency
- Enhance the efficiency and consistency of ESG reporting
- Assist PRI reporting
- Team Communication:
- Facilitate and minute quarterly global corporate governance team call.
- Share best practice in each location (NY, London, HK, Tokyo)
- Global Consistency of Proxy Voting
- Analyse and interpret AGM research material, and apply appropriate proxy voting decisions on behalf of clients, in line with fiduciary duty
- Enhance operational efficiency of voting process
- Contribute to Proxy voting policy and corporate governance guideline updates
- E.g. Assisting each location on annual updates and quarterly proxy voting oversight committees
- Internal Education
- ESG thematic updates to investment teams in morning meetings, etc
- Regular updates at sales morning meetings
3-5 years of relevant industry experience
Current working knowledge or experience of current and emerging ESG issues and best practices
Be comfortable and confident engaging and talking to senior individuals from corporates (main board level) and clients
Good written English and proven report writing skills
Japanese language an advantage
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2017 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: August 21, 2019