|Job Type:||Full Time|
The TrueSkill project at Microsoft Research Cambridge, in collaboration with Xbox, is looking for a capable software development engineer with passion for gaming and interest in machine learning. You will work in a team of engineers and researchers to design and implement novel probabilistic models for gaming, scale them up, evaluate them and ship them in production on video games that impact millions of players. The project has a strong history of productizing model-based machine learning research, including in blockbuster titles like Halo and Gears of War.
Work in a team of researchers and software engineers to develop state-of-the-art machine learning systems for gaming and deploy them in production.
- BSc degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, or Physics
- Industry experience in software engineering
- Experience in developing and deploying large-scale machine learning systems
- Familiarity with the Microsoft stack (Azure, .NET, etc.)
- Interest in probabilistic modelling
- Ability to work in a team
- Hands-on experience with a probabilistic programming framework (e.g. Infer.NET)
- Experience in productizing research
- Passion for gaming
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
Occasional international travel (up to 10%) may be needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.