|Job Type:||Full Time|
The InnerEye Medical Imaging team at Microsoft Research in Cambridge (UK) is developing state-of-the-art machine solutions addressing real-world healthcare challenges in medical imaging.
The team has an exciting opportunity for a machine learning researcher who will develop cutting edge machine learning approaches and tools that can transform the work of clinicians and improve patient outcomes. The candidate will be responsible for developing and driving an exciting research agenda working closely with other machine learning and systems experts, clinicians, user researchers and designers to help develop solutions that are actionable in real-world clinical contexts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong intellectual curiosity and passion to solve real-world problems in healthcare. The responsibilities will include:
- Definition of machine learning problems which consider key clinical factors and human context of healthcare work (e.g. clinical teams, patient experiences).
- Design and development of novel robust and efficient machine-learning/deep-learning algorithms.
- Publishing work at top conferences and journals such as: NeurIPS, ICML, Nature.
- Engage with clinicians and domain experts to shape the research for maximum impact and relevance.
- Supervision of Ph.D. students and interns.
- Completed PhD (or close to completion of PhD).
- Publications at top conferences and journals such as: NIPS, ICML, ICLR, MICCAI, Nature, CVPR, ICCV …)
- Hands-on experience with deep learning techniques and toolboxes (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Strong software development skills, e.g.: C++, C#, Python.
We offer a competitive salary.
Opening Date: 28th April 2020
Closing Date: 26th May 2020
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.