|Job Type:||Full Time|
- About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.Our businessGlobal Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) team is part of the Global Compliance and Regulatory Management department which is responsible for the provision of compliance services to the Firm. The team covers both global and business-aligned functions supporting the firm's Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions programs.Financial Crimes Compliance PracticesThe role sits within the broader EMEA Financial Crimes Compliance Practices team responsible for the regional oversight and coordination of relevant Compliance owned policies, training, regulatory change implementation, and risk assessments focused on money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions related risks. The team works in close collaboration with other teams in Financial Crimes Compliance both in EMEA and globally, as well as closely with EMEA Country Compliance teams.OpportunityGFCC is seeking a Compliance Associate to help support the Firm’s KYC program and focus on KYC Policies, in particular the KYC requirements in the EMEA region. The position provides an opportunity to further develop the Firm’s KYC program, advise senior management and leading business professionals across multiple lines businesses on KYC matters, ensure KYC requirements are properly implemented and sustained, and keep current with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Firm’s KYC requirements pertaining to EMEA-specific KYC requirements which exceed the Firm’s Global program.
- Regional contribution into and review of global KYC policies and standards or equivalent. Coordinating relevant engagement (including from Regional In-Country Compliance Officers and EMEA GFCC Advisory) as required. Obtaining and tracking feedback. Escalating issues or concerns.
- Providing advice and interpretation on specific KYC compliance policies, procedures and topics, considering both the spirit and intent of the law.
- Analyse new laws/regulatory requirements pertaining to KYC, draw out and summarise key aspects and highlight potential gaps versus JPM’s policies, program and approach.
- Review regulatory findings, fines and formal guidance including best practice papers and thematic reports. Gap analysis versus JPM policies; program and approach.
- Oversight and control of implementation of changes for global and regional financial crime related policies, including working with GFCC Line of Business Advisory teams and In-Country Compliance.
- Communication to relevant internal stakeholders (including GFCC colleagues and Regional Head of GFCC and wider senior Compliance Management (as required)).
- Drafting responses to regulatory consultation and industry group representative position papers etc., where required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of projects and initiatives as required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- AML/KYC Compliance experience and knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements for KYC/AML an advantage
- Proven ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and organisation skills
- Well-organised and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.