|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.Responsibilities
* Design and build cloud-based data lakes and data warehouses.
* Design and build Data Pipelines to collect, transform, store, analyze, explore and visualize.
* Work with the product team to understand data sources, use cases and data models.
* Choose the right technology stack to align with the use cases and scalability.
* Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
* Develop alert & monitoring system and procedures for faster disaster recovery.
* Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* Should be able to communicate and articulate his/her thought process effectively with the other team members.
* Understanding of distributed computing framework like Apache Spark and Flink.
* Experience with developing extract-transform-load (ETL).
* Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling.
* Expert level SQL skills and database performance concepts.
* 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase etc.
* 5+ years of experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres etc.
* Working experience in building data warehouse and data lake.
* Experience building data warehouse, data lake and data pipeline using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
* Experience with large scale distributed system with large datasets.
* Experience in distributed computing framework - Hadoop, Spark, Flink or Storm
* Experience with messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
* Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and lifecycle.
* Knowledge of advertising platform.
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) Of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö, Seattle, San Francisco and Stockholm along with offices in Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush ™, Pet Rescue ™, Bubble Witch ™ and Farm Heroes ™.We've been one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com.