|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within King
You will be part of a small task force that’s responsible for integrating, maintaining and publishing King games to one of our platform partners. This will include on-boarding new games with all that is involved to ship a game on a new platform, including: managing the platform store and collaborating across King’s different Game, Localization, Marketing, and Performance teams. In this role you will also develop new game play features and integrate new platform functionality into the game, investigate and resolve problems reported and coach fellow developers. Frequent travel on-site to our internal and external partners locations at critical phases such as initial integration and launch preparations. You are a fast-learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology and are able to jump into any project quickly, adapt and resolve complex problems. Location: The role location will be on the Peninsula - Foster City.
Skills to create thrills
* Recent experience as a C/C++ developer with a minimum of 3+ years experience in a production environment.
* Demonstrated ability of producing high quality, maintainable, scalable code and systems.
* Passionate about technology trends and learning with evident ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
* Able to architect & design components, features and larger systems.
* Android and iOS development / mobile application development strongly preferred.
* Experienced with various development environments and build-systems.
* Broad knowledge in programming and technology in general.
* Worked with development of Gameplay features, Game-engine or cross-platform SDK’s is a plus.
* Works effectively in teams, both local and geographically distributed across multiple time zones.
* Ability to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time.
* A person that can collaborate well both internally and externally and that can represent King well as we build out our relationship with more external teams.
* Communicates well and comfortable with producing technical documentation.
* Willing to travel approximately 10% to our international Partners offices.
Experience of Desktop / Console development. Experience with game production tools development. Experience developing games from beginning to end.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
King in San Francisco
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) Of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö and Stockholm along with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016. Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush ™, Pet Rescue ™, Bubble Witch ™ and Farm Heroes ™. We've been one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries. More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.