|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
Advertising start date: Thursday 5 September 2019
Advertising end date: Saturday 5 October 2019
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our Experimentation Group.
The Experimentation Group is the team that designs and coordinates experiments across the company. We're a small team within the group that creates data and analytics tools to support experimentation and game making across the company, in order to better understand player behaviour.
We are looking for a mid-level backend developer with some practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
The ideal candidate will:
* Develop backend services, by using Java and Python
* Interact with other crafts; mainly with developers and data people
* Build data processing pipelines and tools (both real-time and historical)
* Support our advanced knowledge management system
* Automate data analysis work to support A/B testing across the company
* Integrate our infrastructure with existing King tools
* Work with data processing and reporting
Skills to create thrills
You are able to work around all sorts of constraints, you like to learn new stuff and you’re willing to pick something up today and throw it away entirely later.
We do both very fast prototypes and stable products. Can you do that?
You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
* You know Java and Python.
* You have experience developing backend services.
* You have designed clear and documented APIs, both as libraries and for the web (HTTP, JSON APIs).
* Experience with design and usage of SQL and NoSQL databases.
* Knowledge of Python SciPy stack (numpy, pandas, etc.).
* Experience working with the Atlassian plugin SDK (particularly Confluence).
* Experience with Protocol Buffers and gRPC.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, then we’d love to talk with you.
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us. You should submit your application in English.