|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Data Engineering Intern at King, you'll have a great opportunity to learn about running one of the state-of-the-art streaming platforms, which processes hundreds of billions of game events. Further, you will have the chance to contribute to such a large scale project by designing a monitoring, alerting and self-healing application that improves the availability of the platform. We offer you the chance to work in an agile and fast-paced environment, where you'll see the impact of your work very quickly. You will, amongst other things...
* Learn about various technologies that are used at King to support one of the biggest mobile games in the world
* Design and implement features required to support the platform to increase its availability
* Build backend support systems such as monitoring and build tools to support our production systems processing over hundreds of billions of events per day
* Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
Skills to create thrills
With a passion for games and programming, you will also have a strong analytical mindset and demonstrate a genuine interest in understanding the whole tech stack. You are a fast learner and comfortable working in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Other skills include:
* A strong understanding and practical experience using Java
* Understanding of Apache Fink/YARN/Kafka and Hadoop, with a keeness to learn more
* Interest in stream processing and distributed programming will be beneficial
* A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
* Motivated by challenges and new opportunities
* Fluent in English
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Your application must be in English. This is a full time internship starting in mid/late August 2019 and would suit someone who had recently graduated or is shortly due to graduate.