|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within Activision Blizzard Media
* Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager.
* Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
* Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
* Effectively coach, mentor and guide the technical and professional development of the members of the team.
* Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring both externally and internally, and keep a super high bar while doing so!.
* Partner with product and other teams to capture requirements for advertising needs, and build the most effective systems, services, tools, and infrastructure to achieve those goals.
* Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high.
* You will bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
* Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of King’s advertising unit and how their work fits into the bigger picture.
* Inspire the team to be autonomous, grow people's careers, and build technical leaders within the team.
Skills to create thrills
* 10+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical management
* 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: NodeJS, ReactJS or Angular
* Strong ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
* BS, or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
* You've led a team of 5+ engineers, and have 5+ years of engineering management experience.
* Experience in building tools and front end framework.
* You have successfully taken projects from inception to production.
* You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
* You are comfortable diving into the technical aspects of various parts of the backend system.
* You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
* Experience building advertising tools
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö and Stockholm along with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, LA, Malta and New York. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush ™, Pet Rescue ™, Bubble Witch ™ and Farm Heroes ™.We've been one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com.