|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward. As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand. With an innovative spirit, you will contribute beyond the assigned tasks and actively seek new opportunities to add value to your game and to King. Responsibilities include:
* Refine, communicate and champion the games' visual style ensuring it's aligned with the target demographic and product goals
* Ensure a consistent art style across all areas of the product at all times
* Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of art and UI art
* Make sure that all art is delivered to the game in accordance to the technical requirements of the project
* Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team
* Embed coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
* Partner with Producers and/or Scrum Masters to define and prioritise tasks
* Support the creative and professional development of the Artists
* Facilitate a red carpet experience when introducing new Artists into the team
* Assist with the Artist performance review process and work closely with the Studio Art Director to support a healthy and productive art department
Skills to Create Thrills
You will be an established Artist and Art Director with demonstrable experience in the fundamental artistic and art-leadership principles. You will also bring:
* Great skills and experience in Art Direction with the ability to define, communicate and champion an Artistic vision
* Proven ability to define and champion appealing casual UI Art Direction
* Demonstrable experience in high quality visual decision-making and problem solving
* Experienced in creating Moodboards, Art and UI style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
* A full understanding of all areas of game art and proven track record of successfully leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations in line with project style and goals
* Experience as people manager and an understanding of the mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
* Experience and passion for coaching, developing and leading artists
* Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
* An advanced level of proficiency with industry standard 2d
* Experience in developing software within an Agile environment
* Proficiency with in industry standard 3D software An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
A Great Saga Needs Diverse Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes, wouldn’t you agree? That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Want to join our Kingdom? You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.You should submit your application in English. And please don't forget to share your portfolio with us!