|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your role within our Kingdom
As the Technical Animator you will be responsible for all character and prop related set-ups (including skinning) required for the animation team. You will also contribute providing tools and improving pipelines and workflows that will maximize efficiency. You have experience crafting advanced skeletons and control rigs for characters (bipedal and quadrupedal) and custom rigs/set-ups for props. An in depth knowledge of skinning characters and creating set-ups required for secondary motion is also necessary.
Skills to create thrills
* You have an excellent understanding of character rigging & deep understanding of animation pipeline development
* Solid knowledge of Maya
* Flexible, proactive and collaborative approach to technical problem solving in a multi-discipline team
* Ability to break down the animation needs for a character, and to plan out movements sets and blends required for the game
* Ability to plan work and tools so that they meet the technical constraints, optimization and implementation that game animation requires
* Excellent skinning skills and a strong understanding of human motion and anatomy
* Advanced scripting skills (preferably Python)
* You released one or more titles working as a Technical Animator
* Great communication and interpersonal skills, plus experience working in a team environment
* You are passionate about games and you want to push animation in video-games to new levels of believability
* Ability to deliver content to engine and bug-fix and optimize any animation delivery or rig issues
* Strong knowledge of Unity
* Experience working with ragdoll set-ups (ideally within Unity)
* Experience building high and low res facial rigs
* Basic animation skills
* Experience of SDK plugin development
* Experience working with procedural, additive, layered animation and animation state trees
* Experience working with Motion capture
* You are an expert in agile/scrum development methodology and prototyping
* A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes, wouldn’t you agree? That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it’s one of the world’s most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it’ll yours to enjoy and explore.Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you.
Want to join our Kingdom? You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.You should submit your application in English.