|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to seize the opportunity to create leading edge technology solutions together with your customers and to be empowered to make a difference? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards digital organizations? Do you want to use best-in-class productivity technologies and tools to collaborate with colleagues and customers anywhere and in the most efficient way?
If so, the Project Managerposition in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in leading complex projects or programs.
As a Project Manager, you will play a vital role within Services being passionate for customers, taking ownership for delivery, being the ambassador of Microsoft on customer site. You will be responsible for demonstrating delivery leadership by ensuring projects are well managed, predictable and profitable while enabling our customer's Digital Transformation Journey.
Projects vary in being huge in terms of budget or size and/or being complex and vary immensely depending on the technology being deployed, client and scope of work. Engagements range from two weeks to three years, encompassing anything from enterprise consulting to infrastructure or business productivity architecture to large scale applications development and change management.
Put it simply, your role will be to deliver & delight our customers and enable them to realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Be part of a thriving organization that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' experience.
- Lead projects and manage delivery execution, drive predictable customer experiences with tangible outcomes and high quality.
- Managing multiple programs & projects end-to-end (strategy to execution) using a project management framework.
- Driving cross-team and third-party partnerships - often influencing without authority and using the power of diverse teams.
- Apply strong project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of projects on scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Being always on top of any commercial aspects of your project or program, driving financial integrity
- Continually learn and grow professionally.
- Mentor other team members to share your knowledge and experience.
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in mid-large scale technical programs or projects, preferably at international scale working with external customers, driving third-party partnerships/relationships.
- Demonstrated solid core Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality & budget.
- Passion for technology: experience in either infrastructure, cloud, security, Office365, or Productivity solution implementations is essential.
- Ability to think strategically, work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change, execute effectively, work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences including C-suite team members.
- Restricted security clearance level for public sector facing clients is essential.
- PMP Certification or equivalent project management experience required.
- Ability to travel 60% domestically and internationally and work with diverse cultures and customers
- Fluency in written and spoken English and the local language of the country where the position is posted is mandatory (e.g. German in Germany or Austria, French in France or Morocco, Arabic in UAE, Saudi, …)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.