|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
The Intelligent Cloud Solution Sales Manager is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organisation. Leading and developing a team of high performing Principal Solution Specialists (PSS) who work with the UK’s top Commercial and Public Sector organisations to achieve breakthrough outcomes with Microsoft Azure technologies. Meeting and monthly, quarterly and annual growth targets by helping our customers envision, plan and deliver new workloads on the Microsoft cloud.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 50% - Develops and coaches high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritising development, preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organisation, leading by example by maintaining an customer and partner network and build credibility as a domain ‘thought-leader’ representing Microsoft in events.
- 30% - Builds and transform new markets and identify and capitalise and lead transformational shifts in our customers.
- 20% - Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards
- Leader. Coaching and motivating direct reports in large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts
- Management. Successful management of complex sales engagements, pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning
- Collaborative. Strong interpersaonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- **Excellent Communicator.**Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
- Results Driven. Motivated to strive for breakthrough individual and team performance and secure customer and sales success
- **Experienced.**5+ years of experience developing high-performing enterprise sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at Microsoft or cloud competitor in areas involving cloud application development,
application portfolio modernization, cloud application migration, datacenter modernization, ERP apps on cloud, Big compute and related is preferred
- **T**echnical Knowledge. Possess both business acumen and cloud application and infrastructure-related technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments. Familiarity and understanding of cloud oriented practices and approaches including DevOps, PaaS, containers, Hybrid cloud, migration and modernization of applications using cloud, serverless, Big Data and Compute
- Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling is desired
- Additional training or education in enterprise application architecture on cloud is desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.