Occupational Health Technician (Health and Wellbeing)
Location: Edinburgh (flexible across Scotland)
Salary: £27.6k - £31.4k (dependant on skills & qualifications)
We are looking for a qualified OHT, or someone with transferable skills to join a new in-house Health and Wellbeing team.
The overall purpose of this job is to provide a professional occupational health service to the business, including effective and timely health surveillance service and advice to managers and colleagues.You will be part of a new in-house occupational health and wellbeing team, that is bringing health surveillance directly to our employees.
This role will combine elements of health surveillance and ‘Fit for Work’ assessments, scheduling, Information management, physical agents monitoring, and support activities.
- Delivering a range of health surveillance activities and other key occupational health requirements to the wider workforce, covering industrial and non-industrial employees, in line with current HSE guidance and company requirements
- Working as part of the in-house team, being agile, acting on feedback from the business, continuously improving and delivering a quality service to meet customer requirements
- Advising on legislative health requirements and health and wellbeing in general
- Carrying out monitoring of physical agents and feedback findings to allow the SHE management team to enable better controls to be established
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve positive results.
As well as plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, this position offers a competitive starting salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for someone with experience in an OH technician role, or a proven background in an OH setting. Flexibility and communication are key to this role so the successful person must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, to ensure they can support the wider team and company communications.
We’re also looking for:
- Ability to work under your own initiative, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Proven experience in maintaining confidentiality and data protection
- Use of databases, OH specific databases
- Experienced with Microsoft packages particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training to support job requirements and activities
- Ability to adapt to unexpected and varied circumstances
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…