Occupational Health Nurse/Advisor (Health and Wellbeing)
Location: Edinburgh (flexible across Scotland)
Salary: £42.7k - £51.3k (dependant on skills & qualifications)
We are looking for a qualified nurse with an interest in Occupational Health, or a qualified Occupational Health Advisor, to join our new in-house Occupational Health and Wellbeing team.
SGN has decided to bring a new team in-house to bring health surveillance directly to our employees.You will be part of this team, delivering effective and timely health surveillance and providing advice and medical information to the wider business. This role supports the Business Partner in delivering a high-quality health and wellbeing service to the business.
- Delivering a range of health surveillance activities and other key occupational health requirements to the wider workforce, covering industrial and non-industrial employees, in line with current HSE guidance and company requirements
- Managing Occupational Health Technicians through development and coaching
- Working as part of the in-house team, being agile, acting on feedback from the business, continuously improving and delivering a quality service to meet customer requirements
- Advising on legislative health requirements and health and wellbeing in general
- Carrying out monitoring of physical agents and feedback findings to allow the SHE management team to enable better controls to be established
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve positive results.
As well as plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, this position offers a competitive starting salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’re looking for a registered general nurse with an interest in Occupational Health or a recognised Occupational Health qualification (and post qualification experience in Occupational Health).
We’re also looking for:
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly Equality Act & General Data Protection Regulations, and how these impact on the workplace
- OH qualification at diploma or degree level, or equivalent is desirable
- Recognised qualification in assessment of Hand Arm Vibration to tier 3 level (or be willing to undertake the training as part of the role)
- Good IT skills, including experience of Microsoft Office packages
Please note, you must be able to ensure eligibility to practice by maintaining registration with the nursing and midwifery council (NMC). You will also undertake continuous personal development in order to maintain the skills necessary for continued registration with the NMC OH qualification, as well as maintaining professional standards as stated in the NMC Code of Conduct Performance and Ethics.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…