|Job Type:||Full Time|
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Risk professional to join a global team and support the delivery of the IT Risk Strategy for Schroders. The ideal candidate will be a motivated professional who values integrity and has strong foundations in the Technology Risk and Controls domain. The role also requires the ability build trustworthy relationships and experience in improving the maturity and effectiveness of Technology risk and control environment.
The Technology Risk Manager will provide critical execution support on technology, regulatory, risk and audit projects and initiatives across key technology domains. The will actively contribute to developing and delivering our vision of an effective Technology Risk Management function.
- Develop framework and run workshops with control owners and stakeholders on risk and control expectations
- Take the lead in planning and running external audit coordination activities
- Drive closure of technology issues and actions resulting from audits or other reviews; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriates of evidence or escalate appropriately
- Proactively identify emerging risks and engage with technology teams with an excellent understanding of the business context
- Maintain the completeness and accuracy of IT risks and mitigating actions in risk register
- Collate risk MI and report for the monthly Global Technology Risk Committees
- Support the Global Head of Technology Risk and CISO, to coordinate response to regulatory requests, and the delivery of strategic enhancements to Technology Risk management practice.
The role does not include line management responsibilities.
General and Technical Skills:
Experience in Technology Risk, Technology Audit or related field
Experience with SSAE16/ISAE3402/AAF reporting requirements
Ability to build trustworthy relationships
Proven ability to analyse and manage issues through to resolution
Inspiring and collaborative leader; engaging with teams to deliver change
Capable of multitasking and flexible when priorities shift
Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.