|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join the management team and be responsible for driving the production and safety performance at our site near Leighton Buzzard. We produce a range of graded sands and associated products for a variety of specialist sectors. Typical applications include water filtration, brick manufacture, sports pitches and horticulture with our sand being exported all over the world due to its unique properties.
About the role
Reporting to the Quarry Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading and running the operation(s), supervision of production staff, fostering employee engagement on site and most importantly driving and maintaining industry-leading health and safety standards.
Key Responsibilities include
- Ensure that Health & Safety across the site is a priority and that all safety management systems in place fully comply with all required standards
- Act as the Statutory 8.1.(d) appointment in line with the Quarry Regulations
- Ensure effective utilisation of all plant, equipment and facilities under your control to ensure optimum production volume
- To liaise with commercial and distribution teams in the event of material shortages or regarding any other reason for interruption to customers supply
- Own all aspects of the performance of the team including appraisal, training and supporting development initiatives
- To foster employee engagement throughout the site through demonstrable felt leadership and effective management.
What will you bring?
- Understanding of Quarry Regulations, Statutory Health & Safety and Employment legislation
- Have a strong culture of safety leadership and a working knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- A real passion for developing yourself and others whilst contributing as part of a wider team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined environment to deliver productivity and cost improvements
- Strong customer focus with the willingness to find solutions
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a Quarrying/Mining environment managing quarrying, crushing and screening or processing activities would be advantageous
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
About our business
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 300 sites and more than 4000 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
Why join us?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.