|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Search, Assistance & Intelligence (MSAI) team is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft products like Outlook, Bing, Windows and Cortana.
Lift London studio is a diverse team working on new and improved Cortana and Search experiences and features for Windows and beyond. We work closely with partners across the company and the globe to deliver on this mission.
We work across client and service solutions using a mix of C#, C++, XAML as well as other tools and technologies like Bot Framework, SpecFlow and anything else where appropriate.
Are you looking to join a high-performing engineering team where your experience and opinions are valued, and where we will help you to grow professionally?
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking Software Development Engineer to join the Cortana team within MSAI where you will help us to develop and deliver new user-facing application features and innovations to our customers.
We are looking for someone with experience designing, implementing, and debugging complex systems, both individually and as part of a team.
You will be expected to contribute to the success and development of others across the team as well as delivering against your own areas of technical ownership.
- Collaborating with the creative team and other specialists to define, implement, and iterate on features in the Cortana client
- Partnering with other Cortana teams and across the wider Microsoft organisation to define and implement features in the Cortana client and technology stack
- Driving code and feature quality, and engineering standards across the team and wider organisation
- Working with your engineering peers to implement features on time, to specification, and to a high quality
- Contributing to the mentoring and development of more junior engineers and engineering interns
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years' software engineering experience
- Experience of a C-family or similar programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc)
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining complex systems
- Experience writing unit and other automation tests
- Demonstrable understanding of the relationships between written code, compiled code, code execution, and runtime performance implications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical subject; or equivalent qualification or technical experience
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of UI development
- Experience of desktop or mobile application development
- Experience with .Net development
- Experience with XAML and MVVM
- Experience with concurrent/asynchronous programming
- Experience architecting client-side software systems and applications
You should have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a tight deadline
- A real passion for working as part of a team and building great products that delight end users
- A drive for excellence and improvement
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.