|Job Type:||Full Time|
SUMMARY OF DEPT:
JPMAM’s FI trading team in London executes the majority of the group’s non-USD fixed income business in developed market rates, investment grade and high yield credit, and emerging markets debt. The position will augment the existing five FI traders that are based within the GFICC business and will report to the Head of International FI Trading in London.
Trading Expertise: the successful candidate will have a high level of enthusiasm in financial markets generally and rates markets specifically. They will have a solid grounding in bond mathematics and understand the relationships between core cash and ‘vanilla’ derivative markets (futures, swaps, swaptions, etc.) – specifically understanding the nature of cash/derivate and cross currency basis risk. They will have at least two years’ experience of managing trading/pricing decisions at either an investment bank, or at a hedge fund or institutional asset manager. They will be able to prioritise risk decisions and be highly sensitive to the economic and commercial consequences of their actions. They will have a familiarity with core trading technologies (Bloomberg, Tradeweb and MarketAxess) and be an enthusiastic adopter of new technologies to aid execution and information management.
Communication: the trading team works closely with portfolio managers both locally in London and across the global network. The successful candidate will be able to articulate views and opinions clearly and concisely and over time will be expected to make a full contribution to the investment process, focussing on the impact of changing liquidity conditions on portfolio returns and positioning. More broadly they will have a high level of enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity about markets generally and rates markets specifically and to be able to clearly articulate and promote their thoughts and ideas to a broad and diverse audience. In time, they will be expected to play a full part in contributing to the various regular investment meetings and to consistently add value to the investment process.
Counterparty management: they will establish strong relationships with our counterparties and be expected to manage those relationships with tact and maturity. The successful candidate will consistently represent industry best practice in terms of execution style and broker interactions.
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with portfolio managers on investment strategy and collaborating with portfolio managers, analysts, etc. on the investment decision making process.
- Providing portfolio managers with meaningful information about market sentiment, trading conditions, trading volume and price volatility
- Undertaking all necessary sales / purchases of the allocated asset class (or subset) – for example derivatives, Govt Bonds, Supra/Sov, Agencies - as authorised and in the correct manner.
- Collaborating with team members and colleagues to develop a strong team ethos.
- Work with third party vendors to develop E Trading Platforms and tools. Ensure optimal use of Aladdin
- Executing orders on behalf of fund managers, in a timely, accurate and cost-efficient manner; achieving best execution for clients in respect of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Complying with procedures and compliance manuals that govern the dealing process.
- Minimising both transaction and opportunity costs.
- Build and maintain relationships with our sell side counterparties.
The candidate will have at least two years’ experience working directly in fixed income markets, on either the buy-side or sell-side.
A solid knowledge of bond and rates markets fundamentals will be augmented by experience of trading in both securities markets (bonds) and the associated exchange and OTC derivatives markets.
Minimum BA/BSc in Economics/Finance/Maths/natural sciences, etc.
If not already achieved, the candidate will have the opportunity to work towards gaining full CFA certification.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Closing Date: October 04, 2019