|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of the Transport Planning team based in Leeds, the Associate Transport Planner will be integrated within a range of transport planning projects and assisting in driving these projects forward. The Leeds based transport planning team operates within an immediate network of 7 offices across the North and Midlands of the UK. The team is a growing team, and the team's leadership is looking to develop Mott MacDonald's transport planning offer in Yorkshire.
A key addition to the continued development of Mott MacDonald's market presence and the company's development in Leeds, the role requires business and commercial experience, allied to strong technical skills. You will be expected to support the team's leadership in growing the business across Yorkshire and in the development of the office's client portfolio working with a range of public sector clients and contribute to the development of new markets. You will also contribute to the company's wider portfolio of UK and international projects.
The transport planning team in Leeds is growing. The current portfolio of work includes contributions to the development of the transport elements of a Strategic Outline Business Case for the Leeds Integrated Station Masterplan Business Case; several projects in Cambridge supporting the high-level transport strategy and interventions to support the development and growth of the city; and the opportunity to contribute to national projects of importance such as HS2, Heathrow growth plans, and the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
What will you be doing?
As an Associate Transport Planning professional within the Surface Transport team you will support senior staff through contributing to successful project delivery and liaise with a range of clients or partners to enhance and develop our branding and market perception in Leeds. You will also support the leadership team in strategic input into divisional business activities, development and business alignment including maximising internal markets within Mott MacDonald.
Key Responsibilities will involve the following:
- Project management for transport planning and multi-disciplinary projects for a variety of project types, sizes and client type, involving responsibility for resourcing, financial management and controls
- Manage staff in terms of briefing, checking technical work and adherence to programme plans
- Preparing and/or contributing to technical reports and other project outputs
- Mentoring and training the team, involving skills transfer and knowledge sharing of technical best practice
- Taking a lead on business development, writing proposals and winning work, and contributing to proposals for a variety of project types, sizes and client type
- Contribution to identifying new client opportunities, business development and continued growth
- Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald's values in all activities
Does this sound like you?
As an experience Transport Planning professional, you are able to demonstrate your expertise within specialist fields of surface transport. You have experience working in commercial consultancy environments and are looking to push your capabilities in helping the team grow the business in Leeds. You have demonstrable skills in Web TAG, transport business cases, transport economics, transport policy & strategy, rail and bus planning, or sustainable transport planning and have previously been successful in winning new work and writing bids or tenders.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree (MSc/BSc) in a related discipline or similar
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (such as IHT, ILT, TPS or ICE) and ideally a chartered professional (e.g. Transport Planning Professional)
- Strong communication skills with both clients and colleagues with good report writing abilities
Although not essential, it would be beneficial if you have an MSc further qualification related to transport planning or transport engineering.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.