|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of the Surface Transport team, you will be integrated within a range of transport planning projects and assisting in driving these projects to successful delivery. The team is a growing team, and the team's leadership is looking to develop Mott MacDonald's transport planning offer in the North East.
You will be a key addition to the team, contributing to the continued development of Mott MacDonald's market presence and the ongoing growth of the transport planning business in Leeds. You will also contribute to the company's wider portfolio of UK and international projects.
Our current portfolio of work includes contributions to the development of the transport elements of a Strategic Outline Business Case for the Leeds Integrated Station Masterplan Business Case; several projects in Cambridge supporting the high-level transport strategy and interventions to support the development and growth of the city; and the opportunity to contribute to national projects of importance such as HS2, Heathrow growth plans, and the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
As a Transport Planner in our Surface Transport team in Leeds, Sheffield or Newcastle you will be involved in supporting senior staff and contributing to successful project delivery.
Key Responsibilities will involve the following:
- Contributing and helping to prepare technical reports and other project outputs
- Writing and contributing to proposals for a variety of project types, sizes and client type
- Some supervision of staff in terms of briefing, checking technical work and adherence to programme plans
- Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald's values in all activities
Does this sound like you?
As an experienced Transport Planner you are able to demonstrate your skills in transport economics, transport policy, transport strategy, rail and bus planning, business cases or sustainable transport planning. You're comfortable using WebTag, writing reports and are able to follow industry standard processes as well as get involved in business development activities such as provide input to bids and tenders.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree (MSc/ BSc) in a related discipline or similar
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (such as IHT, ILT, TPS or ICE) and ideally on a route to chartered status (e.g. Transport Planning Professional)
- Good communication skills with both clients and colleagues
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.