|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mott MacDonald health consultancy and advisory team are looking to recruit a Director to grow and support the team. Based in London, Birmingham or Manchester, the Director will win and deliver work alongside our existing team on healthcare advisory support services to national, regional and local NHS bodies and internationally. The team specialises in service redesign and reconfiguration, strategic healthcare planning, evaluation, productivity improvements, impact assessments, change management and information analysis and modelling. The team is multi-disciplinary and includes those with backgrounds and experience in business case, business planning, healthcare planning, finance, operational research and operational delivery.
Our clients include:
- NHS England where we have undertaken a national evaluation of new initiatives and innovations in primary care
- NHS Improvement where we have assessed potential improvements in service delivery and financial savings in pathology and imaging
- An NHS University Health Board in Wales where we developed a whole system capacity planning model to test future service changes
- NHS Greater Manchester where we provided support to its Healthier Together programme, the largest reconfiguration of acute clinical services in the UK to date.
What will you be doing?
The Director will identify and deliver business development activities and lead the delivery of specific projects to time and budget and to the standards required by the Client. We are looking for a self-starter to grow the team, complement existing activities and strength our collaboration with our healthcare buildings and infrastructure estate professionals.
You will work as part of a dynamic consultancy team focussed on the delivery of project-based assignments and will be involved in the following responsibilities:
- Perform as Project Director in a wide variety of healthcare assignments
- Grow and develop a portfolio of assignments and team members to deliver business growth
- Lead the development of reports, proposals and the presentation of outputs to different audiences
- Successfully maintain client relationships
- Project direct and manage the work of others as well as provide advice and training to members of the team
Does this sound like you?
As an experienced Consultant you are able to demonstrate your background in either a leading consultancy environment or management role within the NHS and you will be able to discuss your experience in transformation and change management. Throughout your career you have delivered projects in the health/social care industry both on time and within budget as well as directed projects to deliver high quality output in commercial environments.
You are an analytical thinker and enjoy using different sources of data to solve problems and achieve solutions or outcomes. You enjoy being client facing and have experience leading business development opportunities such as developing new client relationships, writing proposals and writing business cases. You possess strong interpersonal skills and have the enthusiasm and commitment to work either autonomously or as part of a team.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and competencies:
- Degree educated (BSc/ MSc) in a relevant subject or equivalent certification
- Experience working in a healthcare consultancy environment (or similar)
- Experience writing reports which are appropriate to various audiences
Additionally, due to the nature of our business you are willing to travel nationally and internationally when required to visit various client sites.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.