|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald's Special Services team is currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Asset Engineer to join the Civils Asset Management (CAM) account in Croydon. The team helps our clients to optimise the value of their infrastructure assets, ranging from structures (bridges, tunnels etc.) to geotechnical assets, helping them to achieve their organisational goals.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team with truly cross-disciplinary, cross-sector expertise and approach that includes specialists in a diverse range of disciplines including civil and structural engineering, materials technology, geotechnical engineering, data management and analytics.
The role involves working with new and pre-existing infrastructure to evaluate its condition and performance, applying engineering knowledge to the data gained to help develop strategies, plans and processes for managing risk and optimising asset value.
The role would suit someone who wants to apply and develop their existing engineering or asset-related technical and problem-solving skills while taking responsibility for the creation and management of projects and building strong relationships with internal and external clients. It will involve working closely with the CAM Account Leader to help ensure that high technical standards are achieved and support the business moving forward. It offers the opportunity to work with major physical asset owners, primarily in the UK road and rail sectors but also in water and energy.
There is significant scope for variety in day-to-day activities, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to:
- Investigate and evaluate existing assets to assess their structural condition, capacity and current and future performance
- Develop strategies for extending asset life, improving reliability and minimising whole-life-cost through risk management, monitoring, protection and repair
- Develop deterioration models and decision support tools that provide a framework for consistent, evidence-based management decisions
- Research, develop and apply new techniques and technologies for obtaining and analysing asset data
- Understand, support and influence clients, prepare and review reports, give presentations and author guidance for publication.
Does this sound like you?
The skills and experience that will help you to be successful in this role are diverse, and success will depend on how you engage with colleagues and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. But in terms of personal qualities, you are likely to:
- Have good problem-solving skills and a desire to learn new things, expand your existing knowledge and apply it in new areas, take on fresh challenges and responsibilities
- Be flexible, positive and enthusiastic, have the vision to provide high quality outcomes for clients and help develop this part of our business
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and a track record of engaging and building relationships with clients, peers and other organisations
- Have a high standard of written and verbal communication, including writing technical reports and proposals and giving presentations
Your background is likely to have involved:
- A degree or post-graduate degree (2.1 or above) in an engineering discipline or otherwise relevant to the management of civil engineering assets
- Chartered with a relevant professional body (or equivalent)
- Experience in the inspection, investigation, monitoring and assessment of civil engineering structures and an understanding of how they perform, deteriorate and fail, and how they can be protected, maintained and repaired
- Application of the principles of physical asset management, ideally with experience in the development of asset management strategies and plans
- Experience managing projects with commercial awareness
- The interpretation of complex technical information and its presentation to a variety of audiences through reports and presentations
- Previous involvement in applied research, development and the application of technology to problem solving
- Experience and interest in working with data to create models and practical tools for asset management and decision-making.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.