|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Transport Engineer in our Surface Transport team you will be an integral member of the established team in our Edinburgh office. You will play an important role in designing and delivering a wide range of high-profile traffic engineering projects including walking and cycling schemes, urban realm improvements, junction improvements, bus priority, pedestrian crossings, parking and traffic management schemes.
What will you be doing?
This position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to enhance and develop your skills in the traffic engineering field on a wide variety of projects.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Involvement in the design of a range of challenging traffic engineering schemes and transport studies
- Assisting feasibility studies, scheme design and assessment, public consultation and statutory procedures
- Undertaking elements of projects from instruction through to completion
- Preparation of technical drawings and feasibility reports
- Liaison with other Mott MacDonald teams, specialists and other third parties
- Working with senior team members in undertaking specification, cost estimates and construction planning for projects
- Assisting in the tendering process for new work
Does this sound like you?
We are currently looking for a Transport or Traffic Engineer with post-graduate experience to assist in the delivery of our existing portfolio of work and build on the continuing success and growth of our national and international business. It is essential that you are degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject. You should be enthusiastic to undertake training leading to chartership, which we will support you to do.
Additionally you will be able to demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of traffic engineering projects, preferably including walking & cycling and public realm projects
- Knowledge of relevant design standards
- Ability to use relevant software, particularly AutoCAD and all programmes in the MS Office suite. Knowledge of other software such as GIS, junction modelling and graphics software would be an advantage but is not essential
- An ability to apply sound analytical and numeric skills to project work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to solve complex problems and identify new innovative solutions
- Dedication to the delivery of projects and the development of the business as a whole
Interested in applying?
Does this sound like the right role for you? If so, please click the link to apply online which is fully responsive and can also be done using a mobile.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.