|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager seeking a new challenge?
Interested in joining a leading multi-million-pound organisation to work on a range of exciting schemes?
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
A bit about us
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
We are currently looking for several individuals to join our team working on projects for Anglian Water Services. AWS is the largest geographic water and wastewater company in England and Wales, covering 27,500 square kilometres. The AWS region stretches from the Humber north of Grimsby, to the Thames estuary and then from Buckinghamshire to Lowestoft on the east coast.
Mott MacDonald are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
What is our vision?
Our vision (with the help of you) is to deliver major projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
**A bit about the role including responsibilities:You will be accountable for a commercial team and ensure maximum value is attained, managing overall costs and forecasts of the projects. Measure / report outputs to the relevant managers.
- The role also covers responsibility for Subcontract account management, Cost Management, forecasting including earned value, estimating, outperformance, GRN receipts, and commercial reporting.
- Report to the the Area Manager for day to day commercial activities & tasks on projects within the programme area, manage the commercial team accordingly.
- Report to the Head of Commercial on commercial performance & process, procurement issues and report any areas of concern or opportunity
- Challenge and recommend actions to achieve and improve efficiencies and create an environment of outperformance.
- Accountable within area to ensure: - actual costs are monitored & assessed - cost forecasts are prepared accurately & promptly - efficiencies in cost performance are identified and attained - a process to identify and manage risks & opportunities is applied.
- Work with the procurement department on: - Preparing and negotiating subcontract agreements - Commercial terms and conditions for purchase orders - Scheduling procurement requirements - GRN's
- Degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent)
- MRICS qualified
- Experienced in the water industry
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.